Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more thing! i think my D30 is a beast and its a freak! i drive crazy and have grenaded my rear but front has never even had its u joints replaced cuz i dont want to jinx it. helped by my open diff but im just waiten for it to fail.... only to be led on by its true beef.... im thinkin its the only bullet proof front 30 alive. no aftermarket products in it. only the truss
    starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
      one more thing! i think my D30 is a beast and its a freak! i drive crazy and have grenaded my rear but front has never even had its u joints replaced cuz i dont want to jinx it. helped by my open diff but im just waiten for it to fail.... only to be led on by its true beef.... im thinkin its the only bullet proof front 30 alive. no aftermarket products in it. only the truss
      Nope, Rat has you beat. His 30 has been through two lockers that I know of. He wheel's the Hammers, Rubicon, Dusey, Moab... and has not broken yet. But his day is coming, as is your's.

Comment

So the d30 has an open diff? that probably why its surviving with 37 inch tires. What size are rats tires? I specifically didnt put a front locker in my d30 i put a eaton true track LS in thinking it would be easier on the d30.

Comment

i never even take my 30 into consideratio while wheelin.... but open is the only way its survived. if it was locked i would have broken it.
          starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
            I think the D30 is the unsung hero of wheeling
            they are cheap, small,easily protected by massive aftermarket support., and best of all seem to put up with all kinds of abuse stock.
            I have slammed mine so hard I think it was heard in Korea, bent in one cover till you could hear the gear scraping it, drug it so much the case has scrapes all under it. And am in that club of wondering when it is going to explode. but it keeps on ticking without complaining, that with 4.88 gears which have (in that axle) such a small pinion gear you think it is a drill bit.
            I know one of these days it will go, but with it's track record I think I will just rebuild it, and oh, I run a Detroit in it so whenever I am in 4x4 it is locked.
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

so then no problems with locking the 30 then...

Comment

I have run a 30 with Detroit And superior axels and 35's for two years. No problems.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Is this a D30 thread, or a 4link/radius arm thread? Please keep it on topic!
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

on topic?
                    sorry I got off topic around 50 years ago and have been trying to get back ever since.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Ok back to my question. REAR UPPER TRIANGULATED LINK system on a short arm lift? Does any body have one or know someone who does? WHAT DO YOU THINK?
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

OH I for got to say I run only one upper front control arm on my short arm lift.

Comment

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks Curtis the darn thing is still on back order should get it by the end of next week. This is what I bought

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            I'll let you know in a couple of weeks Curtis the darn thing is still on back order should get it by the end of next week. This is what I bought

Sweet!!! Who makes that setup? what did it cost if you dont mine me asking.

Comment

Art now were talking! I have been looking at this one and Rock krawler or making one with parts from polyperformance.

Comment

Fulltraction makes it I bought it for 550 just before their pice increase to 700 something

Comment

Working...
                                X