Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip yok eliminator

i have just bought a 4 inch lift and i was wondering is a slip yok eliminator was nesseseray i am lifting a 98 tj

i would put one on so there would be no vibrations.
    :wink:

Comment

Your lift may have come with a bunch of spacers between the cross member and the frame. Kinda' defeats the object of doing the lift....

If you install an SYE you can get rid of the spacers and put the cross member back where it should be.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

this is my first jeep and my first lift but
        it is a 4 inch rancho suspension lift

the reason i ask about the sye kit is because some guy at 4 wheel parts told me that my drive shaft would fall out whn i am on the free way or if i get into any uneven terrain

this is what i have

http://www.gorancho.com/html/product..._standard.html

Comment

Yeah you'll probably need it, most do. Many have use the hack-n-tap SYE as well as Advanced Adapter's HD kit and a CV driveshaft. This is what I preferred and ended up with. Cost soon forgotten quality not.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

yeah, the slip yoke eliminator is the way to go, to strenghthen the t-case and elimunate rear driveline vibration. You can't just do the fixed yoke kit though, you will also have to replace your rear driveshaft with a longer one. even if you do the work yourself you are talking about $500 in parts roughly. There are many MJR guys (people?) that can do the slip yoke with/ for you to save some dough but there are some places that will offer a cheap installation.

the fact is, if you do happen to slip the rear driveshaft out, which should not happen, but I guess could, it will fall to the ground and all your diff fluid will leak out and you will be done. if you get a fixed yoke, (slip yoke eliminator) even if you FUBAR your rear driveshaft, you can simply remove it, put it in 4WD and drive home on a live front axle.
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
              yeah, the slip yoke eliminator is the way to go, to strenghthen the t-case and elimunate rear driveline vibration. You can't just do the fixed yoke kit though, you will also have to replace your rear driveshaft with a longer one. even if you do the work yourself you are talking about $500 in parts roughly. There are many MJR guys (people?) that can do the slip yoke with/ for you to save some dough but there are some places that will offer a cheap installation.

the fact is, if you do happen to slip the rear driveshaft out, which should not happen, but I guess could, it will fall to the ground and all your diff fluid will leak out and you will be done. if you get a fixed yoke, (slip yoke eliminator) even if you FUBAR your rear driveshaft, you can simply remove it, put it in 4WD and drive home on a live front axle.
              I agree, a slip yoke eliminator and longer CV driveshaft is definitely the way go go once you get to 4" of suspension lift height. The OE driveshaft becomes too short at that height so yes it's a good idea.

However, that problem you mention about all the t-case fluid leaking out if the rear driveshaft is off only happens with '95 and older YJs. The '97 and newer TJ's NP231 doesn't have that problem. With or without a SYE kit installed, it's sealed and won't leak if the driveshaft is off.
              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

so I guess that's not your daddy's NP231.....

Comment

i have a spring over on a yj and this happend to me every time i got high centerd.

After i moved my axle back and extended my driveline to fit that does not happen anymore. I have a different t-case without a slip yoke going in soon.

Comment

well spring overs are a completely different animal alltogether, the wrap and flex is completely different.

all bets are off, I'm going home...

Comment

Good News!!

Hey, just wanted to let you know that Performance Offroad Center is having a sale right now one SYE Kits for $179+shipping. The sale was originally for their own PORC SYE Kits but they have run out of them and are substituting Advance Adapters Kit for thier own. The kit is for NP231 T-case and ships directly from AA until they get more of their own kits made up. The PORC kit and AA kit are virtually identical except that the AA kit has a little more material around the output shaft.

I just bought mine and the total was $202.84 shipped. They added 3% because I used paypal.

CALL them for the offer, I couldn't find it on the website: 866.540.7672
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

thanks for the info you saved me cash

Comment

Originally posted by dexter jackson View Post
                          thanks for the info you saved me cash
                          Hopefully it get's you out on the trail sooner than later.

Comment

Not to ressurect the dead thread here. But I found THIS on eBay and if anyone searches for SYE kit...they may be interested.

Comment

do it I just dumped 300 into putting new bearing in my pos 35 because I didn't get an sye when I got my 4" so now I have an AA sye and a cv shaft as well as more money down the drain. Can't wait till my 60 is done.

Comment

Working...
                              X