Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trunkin-ater

Since I do most of my driving in the city I've always wondered how my Rock-It-Man front bumper would perform if I got too close. Well it happened, yesterday (thankfully no injuries). The license plate didn't do so well.

I felt bad for the Toyota Corolla that lost it trunk, it never had a chance(sorry no pictures). Except for some new scratches, a bent fog light mount and slight scuff next to the turn signal no damage. I think the tires hit the bumper but by then the damage was done. Again, no injuries and a LAPD officer watched it all happen. Now it's in the hands of the insurance, I'm screwed.

B&T TJ

Ouch for the Toyota!

Comment

that sucks the big one.
      that is why we have insurance though.
      i'm glad no one was hurt.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

That is i bummer, but now you know with that Rocket Man Bumper you have a good road rage weapon..LOL..Southern Ca. drivers every one if us that has crossed our minds one time or another..Poor Toyota..
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I'm real happy I had this bumper, for sure, Toyota not.

Unfortunately in this state if you rear end someone regardless your at fault, even if they stop at a yellow light because the was a police car and got nervous and stopped. That was their statement at the scene, to me and the cop, this may change.
          Probably 51% my fault, 49% their's, (insurance talk). I've seen this before.

Glad I have good insurance, B&T TJ

Comment

cool no real damage to your jeep! here in SA the person in the back is always the guilty party no matter what. even when a car backs up out of a parking there person coming up the road will be guilty if he connects with the car backing out. so you gotta keep your eyes open all the time.
            BIRD WATCHING IS FOR THE FOLKS THAT DON'T HAVE JEEPS.

Comment

Sorry to hear Tom. Glad no one was hurt.

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

yeah, it is nice to have a vehicle without crumple zones when you are doing some low-speed stuff...

I hit a patch of ice in the parking lot a few years back and slid into the bed of a full size lifted Dodge Ram, I couldn't have been going more than 10mph, prolly less...

My jeep almost totalled that truck! it cost $3600 just to fix the bed, and the truck has never been the same... it sux, but my jeep didn't even have a scratch on the powdercoat! and the high lift jack I had on the bumper is still in use today... I *cough* had to use it *cough* out at El Mirage the other day...

My point is, I still have my Baby to wheel! Even though my rates went up a bit, my jeep didn't fold under like a crumple zoned beer can....
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

that sucks, where can you get replacement foglights at? a roadhorse took out one of mine

Comment

Working...
                  X