Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Basin and the inside loop

Tracy and I arrived at Owl Canyon Campground around 6pm on Friday night.

Sunrise on Saturday

We had 12 rigs. We had a drivers meeting In Owl Canyon Campground and it was off to Rainbow Basin.

We hiked up this hill from the trailhead.

We drove up Coon Canyon and went for a short walk.

And then we drove up Fossil canyon and had lunch. While eating lunch we found a lost motorcycle rider. He followed us for a while looking for his group or the spot he parked his truck. We ran the inside loop up towards small dry lake.

We headed West for Copper City Rd and then South to Green Hills.

We had a wonderful potluck around the campfire Saturday night. We called it an evening around 11pm.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Wow! The rock formations in Rainbow Basin are really cool. Gotta go check that out.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Very nice. Love to see it all, even if its from anothers camera. Seems like your able to go out a bunch. I'm just jealous.
      Thanks for sharing.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Lookin' good Doug! Love that sunrise picture! 12 Rigs? Did I miss the post for that run? Tiffany and I should really go camping more often!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          Did I miss the post for that run?
          I enjoy geocaching. I understand it is not for everyone and so I post our runs on MJR when I know there is more wheeling and exploring and less geocaching.

All my geocaching runs can be found at
          http://www.socal4x4geocachers.org/mo...=viewforum&f=1
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
          X