Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Express or Full Traction lift

I was talking to some guys at the JEEP Roundup last night about lifts. And they were different opinions on the lifts as usual,but i am trying to find if anyone knows the main difference between the Rubicon Express, and Full Traction lifts. What are the advantages or disadvandages to either. Any help would be appreciated, as I do not want to spend money twice. I am looking to go 4", with a transfer drop kit to begin with,then add a slip yoke, and cv driveshaft if needed.

Search around on here, there are many posts about RE vs. FT.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I have seen both kits and they are both very well designed!
      here is a great write up full traction: http://4x4xplor.com/full-traction.html
      there are several for RE.

My first opinion would be RE, just because I have had the RE kit for a while now and has never let me down. I think you are going to be very happy with either kit. I will be ordering the RE long arm upgrade kit soon enough to add onto my kit.

Look in the fore sale section and you can save a grip of $$$ buying Desert jewell's kit.

If you are asking about SYE and CV driveshaft, no offense, but I dont think you should be looking at long arm kits yet. just my opinion.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Sounds like we're in the same boat! I just ordered the Full Traction 4" kit on Monday. Like you, I'd narrowed it down to the RE and FT as from all the research I've done, both seem to be solid kits. I ended up going with the FT for 2 basic reasons . . . price and installation. I went with the "Performance" kit that has the lower fixed control arms, springs, front trackbar and drop bracket, drop pitman, etc with the M-Force (monotube) shocks. The RE kit came with upper adjustible and lower fixed control arms, but no shocks, drop pitman, etc and was the same price if not more. I'm planning to do the install and the RE kit with the adjustable uppers and extended brake lines and need to bleed the brakes, etc scared me a bit! As far as differences between the kits (at least the ones I was looking at, not the tri-link fancy kits)" FT4" vs. RE4.5", FT lower arms bend...RE's are straight, I've heard RE's springs are stiffer. PM me if you'd like some info on the deals I've found after many hours of research on-line or check out the thread under Short and Stocky "Any Thoughts on My Lift". Good luck bro . . . my best advice after a month or so of going back and forth . . . flip a coin!!!
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Yea, flip a coin. I've had FT 4" for a few years, I like it.
          I chose it for the price and the articulation, it does well on the highway too.
          '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

FT Long Arm is better, because it has 4 independent arms in the front, and a tri link in the rear.Much stronger. RE springs are much better. That is what I have.
            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

edit: I dont know why I thought you were doing a long arm.... But yea both companies wont let you down. good luck!
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                RE springs are much better. That is what I have.
                I'm glad you like them Did that solve your sagging problem with the trailer?
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by hillbillybob View Post
                  I was talking to some guys at the JEEP Roundup last night about lifts. And they were different opinions on the lifts as usual,but i am trying to find if anyone knows the main difference between the Rubicon Express, and Full Traction lifts. What are the advantages or disadvandages to either. Any help would be appreciated, as I do not want to spend money twice. I am looking to go 4", with a transfer drop kit to begin with,then add a slip yoke, and cv driveshaft if needed.
                  Check out 4x4groupbuy.com . . . especially if you decide to go with the RE . . . they've got a pkg deal that has the SuperFlex kit, a SYE, and a Tom Woods DriveShaft for $1550 . . . most other places I've seen charge about $1500 just for the RE kit.

Comment

Yes Lawrence, Thanks again.
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Im running the RE 7000 SF short arm kit With 3 1/2" springs, and it works great! RE springs run a little taller than advertised, that is why I went with 3 1/2" RE springs. Put me at 4". Just inst. a winch 2 weeks ago, front dropped 1/2". So yea, the springs run a little stiff. Dont know if FT is any better, but the RE kit sure works great, and has good road manners.
                      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

FT springs are like the OE ride from the factory. I did not like them as loading the LJ for a week-end run, rear would be really sagging, and bottom out on the smallest bumps.
                        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Ive only heard good things about RE, but never have used there stuff, But FT I have had in the past, there kit is complete, ride good, and have good flex. Now the bad, there springs seem to sag really bad,( At least mine did)3" springs sagged 2.5" in less then 6 months. and there customer services sucks, and they don't stand behind there product. Just my 2 cents, but hope it helps .

Comment

Originally posted by happycamper View Post
                            Now the bad, there springs seem to sag really bad,( At least mine did)3" springs sagged 2.5" in less then 6 months.
                            Did you lose a 1/2 inch due to the sag or lose 2.5 inches and only end up with a 1/2 inch after the sag . . . Please tell me it's the first seeing that I just ordered their 4" kit and would hate to end up with 1.5"s in six months, especially seeing that I've got a 2" BB now. Guess I'd better keep those spacers handy huh?

Comment

my re has loads of flex and with bumper and 37" spare i cant see any sag... mine ar 8" coils but still
                              starvin student...

Comment

Working...
                              X