Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger,

I will not take off the doors for this run, no crawling involved and too dusty! The link did not lead to anything for me?

Mitch

Comment

Think you could get up early on Sunday,Mitch?
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

I can always get up early! I thought you were going to 7 days a week and had someone who slept in? I'm ready, let me know.

Mitch

Comment

More tomorrow

Mitch-

I just saw the post you left tonight. Let me go to the office tomorrow and see how I can make this work. Please PM again with your phone number.

6 AM is very arly to start, but perhaps I can come up Friday and find a cheap hotel room. If not, I am going to push for 7 AM.

It is past 9 PM tonight, so my focus is going to bed shortly and I have a few items I must complete tonight for PFJV.

-Brian
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Trying to make it work

Mitch & Roger-

I am going to try and make it Saturday early. I will phone Roger on Thursday to discuss.

Take your doors off you sissy........Roger and I don't have doors this time of year.

-Brian

Comment

Ok Brian,

If you make it I'll take off the doors, I'll lead, no dust, no problems!

Mitch

Comment

Place to stay Friday

Mitch or Roger.........

Can either of you recommend a place to stay Friday evening that is both inexpensive and tolerable, and within the general area?

I am not leaving home at 4:15 AM so that you guys can avoid the heat. Especially since it is only supposed to be 93 on Saturday.

BTW Roger.........we may see Mike again and possibly with his TOYOTA truck. He says it is a 75% chance he will go with us.....but no making fun of his NOTAYOTAJEEP.

Another BTW..........The Ace Motel in Lucerne ain't gonna cut it unless you all have experienced it personally and can vouch for the fact that it is better than it looks.

-Brian

Comment

Well Brian, I admit the Ace Motel, isn't a five star establishment. So your best bet would be one of the motels at Bear Valley & the Freeway. There's one next to the topless bar. It's a chain but I can't think of the name. Maybe Days-Inn? Mitch should know
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Brian,

I have 2 suggestions for lodging.

Holiday Inn Express - Hesperia
                    15 Fwy @ Main Street exit / Very nice, 1/2 mile to a dozen restuarants / Internet says $95.00

Red Roof Inn - Victorville
                    15 Fwy just south of Palmdale Road exit / Nice hotel, 1 mile to a dozen restuarants / Internet says $72.99

I know people that have stayed at both and they were satisfied. If the time is better for you at 7:00am we will make do. Either of these will put us a 1/2 hour to Rogers house in Lucerne.
                    Tell me what you want to see and I will plan accordingly. And I also saw that it is supposed to cool a little for the weekend. The heat does not bother me at all! Just don't forget the old saying -- Hydrate or Die!!! I'll PM some phone numbers.

Mitch

(Hey Roger, your getting kinda funny, it must be the heat!)

Comment

Working...
                    X