Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bullfrog Trail, Johnson Valley

Man what a Beautiful day out in the Johnson Valley area. Temps were in the 80's and not a cloud in the sky. We had 8 rigs, 6 TJ's and the two SFA KJ's. The trail was great, just the right mix of difficulty and great desert scenery to keep it intersting and fun. All the rigs finished the day w/ just the usual scrapes and minor bruises and only 1 strap which was probably unneccesary if I had just told my son to turn the lockers on.
    Anyhow, pics tell the rest of the story so here they are:

We had 3 different clubs represented on this run: LOST JEEPS, BEAR VALLEY 4 Wheelers and MJR. Fun times!

Mike laid out this trail. What a great job he did! This trail is a CA. Moab! YOU need 33" tires and lockers or don't even try it ( if you can find it). It has Water falls and drop offs that if you don't have skid plates and rock sliders good luck! Just look at some of the pitures and they don't show some of the harder spots! Thanks to mike and HotRodOil.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Good meeting you Curtis! Looking forward to hitting some more trails w/ ya! What a great day!

John

Comment

This trail looks like a blast. Great pics
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
          This trail looks like a blast. Great pics
          Yes it is! What a great area to wheel! Heck w/ the Hammers! Many people don't go out to JV thinking that the only thing there is the Hammers trails and they can't handle them. Well I got news for ya! You gotta get out there and wheel the area. There is tons to do and see. Lots of great granite formations to play on and the Cougar Buttes area where the rock crawling competitions are held are a blast too.

Visiting this area just makes it so much more obvious what a Huge loss it would be if the Marines take over the area. Hopefully we can keep that from happening. So get out to JV and wheel your butt off and enjoy it while you can. And when you get home, Make sure to join the various organizations that are trying to help save the area.

Comment

Nice pics! When is the next trip? Looks like my Jeep barely has the required prerequisites not sure about the driver. Some of that trail looks like the moon.
            How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Looks like the rest of us missed out big time.
              Very nice pictures and nice mix of obstacles.
              I'll give it a try on my 32"s
              Had a blast in Calico today

Comment

those are some really great pictures.

Comment

Mike K from Bear Valley 4 Wheelers/LOST JEEPS has another trip scheduled for January 19th and possibly another in Dec but date not nailed down yet. I will update w/ info when/if I get it.

The next trip out we will be GPS-ing the trail and will create a good google map for it. More may be added to the trail in the near future too. Tons of stuff to crawl on and around out there so the possibilities are almost endless.

Comment

What a wonderful plave to wheel. Great pics.

How Do I get There??????? Some one please tell me...

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

When do you want to go? Its off camp rock rd.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Shant,

Let me know when you are ready! You'll love this place.

Mitch

Comment

Well lets get a gang together and go have fun.
                          Nothing like a good group of people and an awesome trail. The best way to spend a day that I can think off

Comment

ha curtis , you know your way around here ??

Comment

I'am going out tomorrow to bullfrog to check out the trail again. had so much fun the first time i didn't pay alot of attention how it went. Any body want to tag along? Want to know where I'am going first.

Comment

Working...
                              X