Clear All

Fail: $3000

ver. 2.0: $180 Dont have a pic of it on the trailer with no axle

all together:

first run in 2dr body:

this picture is amusing to me now that i look at it again

my old helpers:

present day:
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

When they weren't working on Erik's (Nailer341) YJ, Blaine and Chris helped me upgrade my Jeep.

[COLOR="Blue"]WAY BEFORE.[/COLOR] When I brought it home from the dealer in May 2005, it was stock, except that I stopped at a tire store and put 30x9.5x15 Bridgestone Revos on it:

[COLOR="Blue"]
      BEFORE.[/COLOR]
      By this summer, I had added a 2.5" OME lift, and gone to 31x10.5x15 MT/Rs, but the powertrain was still stock NV231, Dana 30/35, open diffs, 3.07 axle ratio:

[COLOR="Blue"]AFTER.[/COLOR] At the prompting of Gerald (provelogear), and with help from Blaine (MrBlaine) and Chris (Dukes69), I decided to upgrade my powertrain with used Rubicon parts. I now have an NV241, Dana 44s, rubicon lockers, 4.10/4.11 axle ratios, a Savvy aluminum gas tank skid and an AEV/Nth degree Tummy Tucker (because the Savvy skid plate isn't available yet). They also replaced all of the control arms and track bars with Currie control arms and track bars. We added 1" spring spacers and a 1" bodylift. Meanwhile, Rick Soto (New2Image) got me a deal on a Rockhard roll cage. And Dan (FreewayDan) at Ocean Tire gave me a great deal on a set of 33x10.5x15 BFG KM take-offs. I had to modify my garage door opener linkage before I could fit my Jeep into my garage!

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Man Russ you went a ton of places on 31's and open diffs. Now you have 33's and lockers. I cant wait to see your trail reports now. Look Great btw.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I guess we will have to call you the unstoppable Russ now, those bushes better watch out now

Comment

this is what i love about jeeps, they all start out the same but after you get the fever you never pass one on the road or trail and say "hey was that MY jeep!" theres just no 2 the same.
            :devil: Giffer

Comment

Russ,

Your Jeep has really changed. Now we can all say it's the Jeep! But we know it has been the driver all along that got you to those awesome places you go. Nice job!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Seems so long ago.....

That's sweet, Mitch.
                :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Stock at Ocotillo Wells with 29" BFG AT's.

Last week in Horse Canyon. 2.5" lift with 31" Baja Claws.

Comment

Dave,

After looking at the "flex" shot with the lights on again, check out the shackles and front leaf springs. They are working big time!

Mitch

Comment

Mitch,

I wish mine would flex like that!! I gotta get me a set a them springs!

Scott
                      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                        Mitch,

I wish mine would flex like that!! I gotta get me a set a them springs!

Scott
                        Dido! What kind of setup is that Mitch?
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Nice flex Mitch just the shackle flipping over like that sucks

Comment

Rubicon Express 4.5" Extreme Duty R.E. Monotube shocks.

Art, The shackle actually flipped back out and didn't get stuck. I have needed to pry it back a couple of other times though.

Mitch

Comment

Before on 33's

A little later with Warn link suspension, D44/60 and 35's.

A little later with raised belly, King coil overs and 37's.

Now.

Last edited by Double AA; 11-29-09, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Andrew,

Thanks for making us feel so inferior. You are a cheater....Well at least a cheater with the BAD ASS RIG! What a change. I can't wait to win the Lotto too.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                                X