This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Jeep, before & after

I always like a good "before & after" shot of people's rigs. I know I'm the new guy, but I thought this would make a pretty neat thread. I'll get it started:

Before, the day I bought it off the lot ('04):

When I bought it, I promised my wife I wouldn't modify it too much. Being a true man of my word - the after picture (so far):
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need is powerful enough to take everything you have"

- Thomas Jefferson

Ha been there done that
    brand new 2006

This last May Moab

Motino wash last Month

Comment

So, YOU'RE the other guy that owns a yellow Jeep!

I always say that mine looked like something a cheerleader would drive when it was brand new!

That looks awesome! How do you like that 1/2 cab top? I don't have a top anymore (or windows, or doors), but I was thinking about getting one of those. Does it come with a frame too?
      "A government big enough to give you everything you need is powerful enough to take everything you have"

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Comment

I've got a thing for YJ's

Hey Jeep4cern, do you know a guy named Bob Scott? He lives up there in Hesperia.

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by heypilch View Post
            I've got a thing for YJ's

Hey Jeep4cern, do you know a guy named Bob Scott? He lives up there in Hesperia.
            Can't say I do. For the last 7yrs I have been up here 90% has been in Apple Valley.

Ron

Comment

I like my little half top toasty in winter, leaks no water and easy to open up in summer. No frame needed just the bestop windshield rail

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post

Hey, what's the setup on your Jeep (gears tires lift & stuff)?

You have no idea what this picture of you on Mottino Wash has started for me. I've also noticed that no one's going to just hand over directions to the trail head. That's alright - finding it is 1/2 the fun

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have no gps coordinates for it. Try the JK owners forum for that. it's a teeny 4 popper with a 4" lift.
                  If you have some patience I am sure we can take you on a run through that trail, I just want to finish my HP30 front axle and regear first

Comment

I'm patient

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

New, Feb 03

Few weeks later, 340 miles

Holcomb Creek

few months later @ Los Coyotes (dang I miss that place!)

Moab 04

lots & lots more trips, mods, etc....and now:

Fun times.

Comment

You win.

How tough was it to swap that front end? I could get into something like that for sure!! Extremely cool.

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by heypilch View Post
                          You win.

How tough was it to swap that front end? I could get into something like that for sure!! Extremely cool.
                          A few nuts and bolts to tighten and it slipped right in........yeah.....ummm.....

Actually, it only wore out my wallet as All J Products in Big Bear did the work for me (though I helped as much as I could). If it wasn't for all the custom work, I would have tackled it but glad I didn't.

Comment

I'll play along.

Stock 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The Black Pearl
                            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

The Desert Jewel before:

The Desert Jewel now:

and

Comment

Working...
                              X