Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overhead console installation on xj??

does anyone know if the wiring for an overhead console is the same on a 94 xj and a 91 xj?
    i am trying to install an overhead console in my xj (you know the one with the compass etc) and it should just be 'plug and play' per se...just hook up where the dome light hooks up... the lights work on it, just cannot figure out the compass/temp screen. i have tried two consoles and i know both of them work fine, just need help figuring out the electrical...
    has anyone ever attempted this??
    thanks!
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

mine had a plug for that console and seperate plug for the light, pretty much should plug in, mines a 90 and it had it..

Comment

ill check again

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
      mine had a plug for that console and seperate plug for the light, pretty much should plug in, mines a 90 and it had it..
      thanks,
      yeah thats what i thought too, ill try looking again though.
      i dont think the last owner would have taken it out if it was there to begin with.
      mine is a sport model, do you think it would even matter what it was (base/sport/etc)?
      It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

it's possible that the wires are there, but the fuse block is missing that fuse. you might also be missing the temp sensor on the other end of the wire harness, wherever that bad boy goes... :2:
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

i will definetly check that out, now that you mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
          X