• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagging it's tongue

WIN_20141118_163847 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• I think that works nicely! Man those tires look wide in that photo
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Worked my @ss of today, but made excellent progress.Srappy do list is getting to be managable.Weld steering shaft,Put c clip on u joint in right front axle shaftTop both differentials.Finish wiring light barHeat shied exhaust behind seatSecure fuel cellMake battery hold downWire winch to dash switch.That will get it down a few trails, been eyeing some stuff,' might in the near future move the frme side lower mounts in and up bit and change the air hock upper mounts for a bit more belly clearance.Also needs a stronger rear drive shaft, before I get real carried away with it.Oh yeah rear steer might eventually happen also.

Comment

• You've been busy...all those little things at the end seem to take forever to knock off the list.

What do you use for steering shaft. I was thinking about redoing mine, went the pick-a-part but couldn't find any donors with long enough double D shaft.

Comment

• It has an orbital, very little steering shaft Jonah. I am sure you can make something for Opie

Comment

• duh, hydro...

I did it once with a cj shaft but I have never been that happy with it. Might have to break down and buy the aftermarket stuff $$...

Comment

• Got my Scrappy do list knocked out and then some. So on the trailer it goes in the morning
                All that is left is to fill it with fuel. As wide as it looks, it's no wider than my Jeep on 40's

Comment

• Left 40's on drug it a local trail and beat the snot out of it. Killed the fuel cell, but boy did I have fun doing it.
                  Man is this thing fun to drive, bad thing is the shocks bottom hard, but it invites you to haul the mail in a hurry. Diff kissed the oil pan more than once, steering ram hits the frame, guess I have to look into air bumps or some plain bump stops, steering pump growled, but all in all I had an absolute blast, this lil pile ascrap is awesome.

P1010001 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Good to see you got it out, just need to open a can of "bug out" but then you know the tinkering is never done.
                    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Oh just because it went down a trail, doesn't mean it's done

Comment

• Just crawled all over and under my Srcap pile. For it's first beating it survived quite well. Needs to be raised up 2" front and rear. Going to move rear lower frame mounts in and maybe up half to a whole inch.Fix powersteering leak at pump, once that's right fill it with synthetic fluid, possibly add a coolerfan.Replace the waterpump, started leaking, suspected it for the noise that came from the front. That sucks, but not that big a deal once all the coolant is drained. First thing in need of fixing is the fuel cell, gonna have to see why that sprung a pretty darn good leak, pretty sure it cracked a seam. Once the fuel is down to about 2" above the bottom it stops. Also going to hook the TCC to a switch so I can turn ot on when doing steep stuff going down hill, to give ot some engine braking.
                        Last edited by aw12345; 11-22-14, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Not overly impressed with weld penetration on this here shiny thing. After less than two hours of trail abuse it developed a 3"crackin one of the welds.

WIN_20141122_193337 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Love goofing around, but it does show roughly the front to rear weight ratio and a lil something about it's weight.
                            Floor jack doesn't like lifting the rear of my big Jeep, but picks this whole thing up to the end of suspension travel without breaking a sweat

WIN_20141123_113624 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113211 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113158 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113736 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113710 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113229 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141123_113223 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• After some researching I have decided to leave the shock mounts alone and fudge with the oil levels in the shocks instead. Less work and a bit more uptravel would be nice. Then there's the bleed hole thing and shim stacks to fudge with, fun, fun, never a boring moment.

Comment

• Bummer about the tank :-( Can you send it back for a replacement? Or is it an old used tank?
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X