Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a few ribs, but 7075 plate is ordered, Grumpy old man says it's the schnizzle, so going with that. Going to be interesting to saw that stuff. In other news finally fixed my Jeep, replacing the steering box was a chore, but it's finally done. Made a new longer hose today rerouted it and all is well again. Would like to secure the hoses to the inside of the grille a lil better, will stew on that a bit more.
    On to collecting more aluminum to make a dash for my buggy, mount the new cooler, wire transmission tcm, make a new powersteering hose, seal pump and some other do that and I might drag her out for it's first shakedown.
    Oh yeah trailer needs some love too, will be of to Northern California on Friday to run Fordyce, been meaning to run that trail for the last few years. Looks like I will not be bored this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Going to be interesting to saw that stuff.
      A GOOD worm drive circular saw and a GOOD guality Carbide blade will get it done.

Been there :wink:

Comment

• Nothing special, took me to long, but I am liking it. Two lil side panels and it has a dash that's good enough for the gurls I go with.

WIN_20141021_161036 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141021_161022 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• WIN_20141021_180831 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141021_185627 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141021_185608 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Where's my oh shit handle yo

Looks good Art.
            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Working on prettying the @ss end

WIN_20141022_125307 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141022_141309 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141022_162739 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Want to make a couple of stiffners out of some thicker aluminum and the back is done.
              From there on to mounting the cooler and routing hoses

Comment

• Looking good Col Sanders!

Comment

• Thanks traveling Skeeter!

Comment

• Nope grand dad gave it to me

Comment

• Art, did you nab that decretive expanded steel from my grandmothers fence? LOL

Looks good. Can't wait to see it on the trail. Hit me up for the shake down run.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Picked up my precious golden belly plate.
                        Then started my plumming project, welded tabs on the new cooler rerouted trans and powersteering return hoses to it. Then made a new pressure hose for the powersteering. Welded a different fitting on to the powersteering pump pressure outlet fitting, rerouted various hoses to my liking and added mounting blocks.
                        Came out pretty sweet in my book

WIN_20141023_165254 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141023_165400 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141023_165304 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr.

Tomorow's chore is start building the bellypan, gonna be fun, will have to russle up a big circular saw to cut this stuff. Then on to securing fuel lines and cleaning up wiring that's irritating the crap out of me.

Comment

• Worked today on building a frame for the belly. Finally made a trans frame mount also. Just borrowed a big circular saw to cut the gold tomorrow. I'll be though, happy if most of the belly will be done tomorrow.
                          Trans and oilpan skid frame is going to be interesting to build, not a lot of room to attach it to anything.
                          Looked at the way to built an engbine and trans skid some more and it isn't as bad as it looks at first glance

WIN_20141024_204821 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

This is gonna be interesting the hard crap doesn't bend

WIN_20141024_204832 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Da gold

WIN_20141024_204947 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Moving right alongWIN_20141025_132836 aartjestaartje, on FlickrWIN_20141025_132909 by aartjestaartje, on FlickrWIN_20141025_132939 by aartjestaartje, on FlickrWIN_20141025_144935 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
                            Last edited by aw12345; 10-25-14, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Weld a few more tabs on and countersink the main plate and that part is done

WIN_20141025_211714 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141025_211631 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Front driveshaft clearance at full droop, bit deceptive, but clears just fine.

WIN_20141025_211648 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141025_211701 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Looking good Art. ETA on shake down?
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X