Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air shocks are finicky. I'm still messing with mine after 7 runs. Bump stops are on my, to do, list as well. Mine bottom out hard, too. Let me know when your ready for the hammers. I'm just a phone call away. I'm working on my junk now. Snapped a rear shaft, on a bonus line at Tin Benders last week. Still had a blast tho. Here's to you and your 98% finished rig. :beer:
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• looking good and fun! I think I a have a Jeep somewhere around CA and hope to join yall one of these years again

Comment

• looks good Art. Can't wait to see it in action
        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
          Air shocks are finicky. I'm still messing with mine after 7 runs. Bump stops are on my, to do, list as well. Mine bottom out hard, too. Let me know when your ready for the hammers. I'm just a phone call away. I'm working on my junk now. Snapped a rear shaft, on a bonus line at Tin Benders last week. Still had a blast tho. Here's to you and your 98% finished rig. :beer:
          From my reading oil is the new magic lol, that and some bump stops for the front. Seems like it's gonna take some experimenting, with the amount of oil in the shockss to get them to work more to your liking. Will go to Kartek in a while fow shock oil

Comment

• RCI delivered, warantied my fuel cell, without any fuzz, so many thanks to them for doing that. Is going to be double welded, which is a bit more confidence inspiring.
            Picked up shock oil, so once the tank gets hes it's experiment time

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              RCI delivered, warantied my fuel cell, without any fuzz, so many thanks to them for doing that. Is going to be double welded, which is a bit more confidence inspiring.
              Picked up shock oil, so once the tank gets hes it's experiment time
              Once you get those shocks dialed in, I bring you mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                Once you get those shocks dialed in, I bring you mine.
                Sure no probblem

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  RCI delivered, warantied my fuel cell, without any fuzz, so many thanks to them for doing that. Is going to be double welded, which is a bit more confidence inspiring.
                  Ah, nice! Glad to hear that! I mounted my RCI on the willys with a thick rubber mat under it, and the bolts have thick rubber washers on both sides of the tub. I hope that keeps mine from cracking, the willys vibrates like crazy at idle, lol!
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Was in the mood to do some work on my buggy.
                    Added oil to the one front shock, loosend the radiator and hung it from a ratchet strap.
                    This way it could be moved enough to pull the fuel cell out.
                    Did some surgery on the new one. Next, need to lower the fuel pump pickup screen about one inch so it touches the bottom of the cell

WIN_20141208_173908 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141208_173922 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20141208_173939 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Fuelpump pickup is fixed and mounted back in the tank, buggy runs sweet again. Ordered a new waterpump from Nissan parts, do not want a cheap aftermarket one. Front shocks have oil added will do the rear shocks in a bit.
                      Gonna figure out some front bump stops tomorrow. Haven't had much time for anything, busy as heck keeping brown Santa sledding around the globe.

WIN_20141221_130031 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Spend yesterday at the desert mall for some fun.
                        Great day!

sunbonnet2 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

sunbonnet1 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

sunbonnet by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Bump stops are on and clear the shocks at full flex, need to beef the frame where I cut it.

Shock behave much better with the added shock oil. So going to leave that alone for the time being.

Going to figure out the cause of the steering pump noise change the waterpump, add front and rear limit straps and go tear it up some more. Isn't ole Scrappy cute with the lil sneakers

WIN_20150102_113322 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Tomorrow is going to be wheelin day, spend part of today relaxing and did a bit of tinkering
                          Mounted my trusty hilift, will help keep my goodies in the back at the same time.
                          Also added a do that to the dash, pretty cool contraption, just have to figure out how to use it.
                          scrappy1 (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy1 (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy1 (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• How is the exhaust noise, now that you've run it a couple times?

Comment

• First and foremost adding oil to the shocks made the ride a ton better, still leans of camber, but is well behaved at speed or some of the funny stuff we did. Sucking the winch down when leaning when way of camber helps make me feel better a whole lot too. Joe the exhaust tone is pleasant, that glasspack works better than expected, floorboards don't get hot either So pretty happy with that part.
                              Even though it only has a 2:1 lowrange it crawls very nice, just need to hook up the tc solenoid for going down hill to help slow that horsey down
                              After yesterdays shakedown, beatup fun, here's what needs attention
                              1 It needs a cup holder
                              2 mastercylinder cap leaks, needs reseal or another mastercylinder, hate the puffs of smoke off the erxhaust header.
                              3 Powersteering pump fittings have small leaks need to take apart and braze fittings and replace oil with synthetic steering fluid. Other than that it worked well with the cooler.
                              4 where the fuelpump sits on the fuel cell it leaks, looks like the threads of one of the screws is stripped, atleast the seams didn't crack this time around and I gave it a most excelent effort
                              5 Need to make a better mount on the axle for the winch cable, kinda nice to suck it down when it has a bad lean of camber and when climbing really steep stuff, which it does very well
                              6 Wanna mount a rear TJ sway bar on the rear of the buggy to help the leaning, don't know if it will live with the 18" shock travel, time will tell.
                              7 Give it it more hell
                              Today Started the regear of my truck. Pinion depth is set, crush sleeve crushed, just got to play a tad with the backlash and The ole howler will be quiet again. Oh well all of this made for a nice weekend
                              Last edited by aw12345; 01-20-15, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• I went to PepBoys and got a universal cup holder, and tech screwed it to the floor. works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X