Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    I have a few spicer drive shaft parts you can have if you want to make the drive out here to pick em up and shoot the breeze, I probably have a few other goodies for Scrappy also.

I can do that Mike. Been awhile since we talked, any way. PM me your address and I might just swing by some time in the evening this week
    It's alive and moves under it's own power down the street

Gopro has shitty sound but who cares, made my day, nothing fell off either

https://vimeo.com/104350770

Comment

• Very coll, Art. Always feels great to get behind the wheel for the 1st time, and drive. Congrats.:thumbs_up:beer:
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Thanks Joe

Comment

• Found the why the sector shaft started leaking, pretty wild that the pressure in the power steering box can bend a thick steel washer like that. I know it was perfectly flat 3.5 years ago when I rebuild the box

WIN_20140825_200122 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

On the bright side I have a couple of seal kits in the garage, so not that big a deal

Comment

• PM Sent Art.
            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Got some machining to do

WIN_20140829_192105 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Do not want to run a 1210 U joint at the transfercase side of the front driveshaft. This will fix that 1330 for the win

Comment

• One

WIN_20140831_140416 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

two

WIN_20140831_140455 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

three

WIN_20140831_190411 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Some drilling and tapping tomorrow and another piece of the puzzle is done

Comment

• Gangsta lean?

WIN_20140831_193818 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20140831_193903 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Made it easy to keep the oil in the transfercase, while I have the front drive flange off

Comment

• Other than having to source 4 different 10 mm bolts my drivshaft yoke project is concluded. Made the adapter on my old lathe using a 4 jaw independent chuck that's probably close to 50 years old, had to flip the big chunk to machine the other side and it still has only 0.005" run out now that it's installed, pretty pleased with that. Front driveshaft should clear the frame and lower control arm now at full droop

WIN_20140901_173219 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

WIN_20140901_173324 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• After all that happy, popped the hood on my Big Jeep and knocked out a relocation bracket for the power steering reservoir, want to make the pump feed hose a whole lot shorter, want to see if that quiet things down a bit

Comment

• Ordered some power stgeering goodies from Blaine for both my Jeep and Scrappy.
                        Next visit the driveline shop to get shafted, would be nice to flex Scrappy out see how goofy I can get with it.
                        Also aquired a tubing roller, no idea what I am going to do with it for now.
                        Have some future ideas for Tinkertoy rolled front feders with lowered hood and grille, would be cool, I would actually be able to see where the hell I am going

Comment

• Looking very nice,Can't wait to see it do some crawling.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Working on that part
                            Most of the stuff is worked out for now.
                            Once gauges are taken care of I need to work on a belly pan and some lights

Comment

• Driveshaft is being built 1.5" 1/4" wall tube, 3' slip and 1330 u joints.
                              Took the shifter apart, ground out the notch on the shifter cam, so now I can go from drive to reverse without any fuzz if it ever becomes necessary to do a quick reversal. So looking forward to do some flexing with this thing

Should have a front drive shaft tomorrow, yeah! So wanna drive over something with my buggy, sure hope nothing goes bang and comes flying out. New steering cooler, larger return lines and synthetic power steering fluid should be here tomorrow night also. So hope to have Tinkertoy back together for the coming weekend. Pulled the headlight, V bar and current cooler out this afternoon must be about a 100 and humid, plain misarable, it did fix some of my farmer tan though :p. Outside of work, looks like it's gonna be a busy week.

Comment

• New reservoir location

WIN_20140907_155626 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X