Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hesperia to Devils Hole

Sorry to Scott for not waiting for his post! I had a call from good friends Scott (avjeepfreek) and Lesa to take a quick run up to Devil's Hole. We headed up State Highway 173 from Hesperia. I believe State Hwy 173 is one of the last dirt highways in the system.

Thanks Scott and Lesa for the invite. Great friends!

Hwy 173

We ran up Hwy 173 to the Pinnicles Staging area in Arrowhead. We then took 3N34Y (Blue Square). This trail can flip you like a cheese omelet if you don't pay attention. Scott gave me a good show tettering on 3 wheels back and forth and showing some great YJ flex.

Lots of water running down the trails from the snow melt, flowers are coming out everywhere!

We then headed down to "Devils Hole" This is a very steep, 4 wheel drive only trail. A little rocky section at the the bottom.

What a special place to visit.

We did not have any issues climbing out and back to the "Staging Area". Scott did find a rock to air things out on. Somebody said YJ's don't flex? WRONG. Looking good Scott.

Scott and Lesa brought the kids along today. How cute!

Last edited by Mitch; 04-25-10, 08:41 PM.

Hey Mitch,

No problem starting the thread! I got home and got busy doing things around the house and just now got the pic's from today downloaded. Sorry it took so long!

Lesa and I had a great time! The weather was absolutly perfect! Not too hot and not too cool, just plain PERFECT! I wish Dennison and Josh & Tamara could have joined us! They would have had a blast!

.....and as always Mitch, It was a pleasure wheel'n with you!

Here are some from my camera.

The Tree's need leaves!

The Great88 coming up out of Devil's Hole

Mitch lift'n his leg on the rock!

What a great day! I wish every day was a Jeep'n Day!
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Devils hole is such a beautiful area

Comment

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the pic's and report,Always liked that trail,it's a cool and relaxing little drive.
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

That definitely looks like a great place to go to this summer!

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

great pics Devils hole looks like a nice place to relax, can a stock yj make that run? Did you see any deer?
              Rich:gun:
              But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Looks like we missed out! I still did not getting every thing done by passing this one up... Good pics guys, thanks for sharing.
                Build it right the first time.

Comment

no problem for a stock jeep

Comment

Rich,

No deer on Sunday. I think that a stocker would be fine if you avoid the deep ruts on those steep sections of 3N34Y. Also 3N34 bypasses that section and re-joins the trail before 3N34D to Devils Hole. The Black Diamond rating on the trail down into Devils Hole is due to extreme steepness not technical stuff. There is a short rocky section the last 200 feet of trail.

Clay, the water was pumping on Sunday. KC would not be happy having to stay out.

Mitch
                    Last edited by Mitch; 04-26-10, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Rich,

I think that a stocker would be fine....
                      Mitch
                      Of course, this comment is coming from a guy who enjoys running "fire roads" with Mike K every chance he gets. What ever happened to Easy-Does-It-Mitch? I am thinking of a new moniker for you....how about Mitch-Patrol, or DirtMitch Off-Camber, or my favorite......Molaki Mitchpatrol 13?
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Scott,

The jeep looks good in those photos.

Rich,

We need to hit that trail too.
                        Last edited by Jeep4cern; 04-26-10, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Brian,

Like you taught me, keep at least 3 wheels on the ground and then just drive it! LMAO!!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                            Of course, this comment is coming from a guy who enjoys running "fire roads" with Mike K every chance he gets. What ever happened to Easy-Does-It-Mitch? I am thinking of a new moniker for you....how about Mitch-Patrol, or DirtMitch Off-Camber, or my favorite......Molaki Mitchpatrol 13?
                            LMAO. No kinding Brian. What has happened to you Mitch?
                            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              lmao. No kinding brian. What has happened to you mitch?
                              x3 lol
                              Dennis and Tammy
                              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                              X