Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your XM or Sirius radio antenna?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is your XM or Sirius radio antenna?

I am just wondering where other Jeep Wrangler owners may have installed the XM radio antenna? I instgalled mine yesterday near the front of my Rock Hard cage but am not getting any sound from the radio when it is on XM.

Ideas?

Thanks,
    Katherin

It's cause you have XM. :hide:
    My Sirius antenna sits just behind the vent grill in the front. I figure that should always give an unobstructed view of the heavens above.
    Are you using a FM transmitter? Make sure you have the XM device on the same frequency you have your radio on. I did find I received a better signal after I put on one of those antenna adapters that you plug directly into the antenna input on the back of the radio. All of this because my radio doesn't have an input for Aux.

Comment

No I have a Pioneer radio with the XM box made for the radio. I now have the antenna on the hood in front of the vent as a trial and it is not working there either.

Comment

Kat do you have your antenna attached to the cage? The antenna works much better with that 2 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch square metal plate.

FYI, XM radio typicly has better coverage than Sirius. XM uses terestrial repeaters and Sirius does not.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

My XM is mounted just behind the A-pillar, pass side. Oh you specified wranglers, guess ill go back to my corner now.....
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Kat do you have your antenna attached to the cage? The antenna works much better with that 2 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch square metal plate.

FYI, XM radio typicly has better coverage than Sirius. XM uses terestrial repeaters and Sirius does not.
            What 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 metal plate? Right now I have it attached to the front windshield bar to make sure it works which it does now that I have move the cable from the radio to the correct port.

I just need to find its home and my CB coax goes from the front of the rockhard cage to the passenger roll bar across the middle bar to the drivers side and then out the back to the rear tail light. Everyone is telling me not to have the antenna near the coax so not I am pretty limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              My Sirius antenna sits just behind the vent grill in the front.
              X2 except its XM :yay:
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
              X