Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset

Looking for recommendation on headset for the radio in jeep. What I would really like is a headset that works with radio and CB. So I can listen to the radio and when someone is talking on the CB it cuts out the radio and when done talking on the CB it goes back to the radio. Headset would also need micophone.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Like this one? I don't have any experience with these but I've always wanted one. Especially for driving down the freeway with no top and doors.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hardwire the system scott posted, and use the battery bay for a cb/ham selector. Pimp status!

@scott: and right three, over crest, and right two and right one and left one.......
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Thanks I will check on it.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

whats next curtis a dash mounted DVD player LOL

Comment

No I was thinking a massager for my seat though.

Comment

My wife wanted a massager for the passenger seat? I don't get it, than thing just tickles my bum.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                My wife wanted a massager for the passenger seat? I don't get it, than thing just tickles my bum.
                Maybe some like their bums tickled? :dunno:
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Type in "PCI race radios" in the web browser. They make a pretty cool set up like you want. Have headset system that allows for hearing through head sets: for radio, CB, MP3 player, or communicate to others in cab...radio will also cut out for CB traffic or radio will dim down when talking to others. pretty sweet but pricey at about $700-800

Comment

So far I'm going to hookup a headset jack with a toggle switch, so I can switch from one to the other. Then when I can figure out how to get the CB to over ride the radio for say 20 seconds or when in use, I will hook that part up. Maybe some kind of diode set up .

Comment

I looked into a head set that were actual ear muffs with a radio built in but they had a cumunication plugin port. I dont remember off hand who makes them but I do know they exist.

Comment

I have satellite radio so I just need some headphones with a mic. cobra and midland make headphones with mic's. But I need noise cancel in stereo ones.

Comment

Anybody use noise canceling earbud headphones and how do they work?

Comment

Also checkout "Sigtronics" they make head sets/jacks and toggles like your looking for. We use them on our Fire Engines...just another possible source to help you out! They are also local So Cal based

Comment

Working...
                            X