Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Devils Hole

Debbie and I took our first run to Devils Hole today!! We had a great time. The place is so relaxing except i couldn't relax, thinking about the climb back out as we were the only rig there.

Some of you met "Bow" at the Bass Pro meet n greet. well he couldn't wait to jump out of the jeep and take a swim.

Debbie spotted me through the rocks ,we made it thru without issue

Where we had an issue is the water crossing at 3n34 and 3n34d

pushed in the clutch and pop it wennt soft. i looked under the jeep and hyd fluid dripping from the bellhousing.Damn slave cylinder. well we limped all the way back to Phelan unable to use the clutch. guess this is the failure i've been waiting for, to pull the ba10/5 tranny out and replace with the ax15 and np231 with sye i have sitting in the wings.all things considered we had a great day!!!!

Rich & Deb :gun:
    Last edited by 4rheel; 05-31-10, 05:04 PM.
    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Rich,

Other than the clutch thing, sounds like a great time. Glad you were able to get out.

Mitch

Comment

That looks like a great area to go relax. Where abouts is it?
      -Justin

Comment

Yea Mitch we had a ball,happy to wake up in my bed this morning, now comes the fun, tranny swap.

Justin, great place. near Arrowhead 3n34 to 3n34d
        Rich:gun:

Comment

Awesome thank you. I just found it on one of my maps as well.
          -Justin

Comment

Our group (8 Jeeps) dropped into Devil's Hole on Sunday for lunch. It's a little slice of paradise down there. It was good to see Deep Creek running so strong. I was blown away to find a mountain biker had made the trek down. Needless to say he was happy to take me up on my offer of a lift back up.
            '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Hey Rich, Give us a call and Teresa and I will tag along next time.

Comment

Originally posted by calkid View Post
                Hey Rich, Give us a call and Teresa and I will tag along next time.
                Doug that sounds great, this was last minute. Deb woke up and said let go for a jeep ride. now i'm cleaning the garage so i can pull the tranny.

Comment

Working...
                X