Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod

Who is the best service to download music from?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I just help support Apple's gross profit with Itunes. Seems easiest. Most music that on my Ipod is from all the CDs I have.

Comment

Amazon is pretty awesome, and it is DRM free.

Comment

Sorry what is DRM
        I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

IIRC, DRM is some code that makes Itunes the most unpopular music download spot on the face of the earth.

Comment

quite confusing
            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

iTunes is a tool and a service. The Tool is unintuitive, buggy, and often inscrutable, on both Windows and Mac ( I use both). I hate it other the fact that it interfaces well with Outlook and allows my iPhone to sync both my music and Outlook data pretty seamlessly.

The Service though, is quite good. Music for $1.29 per song is DRM free, and can be used unconstrained, and can be converted to MP3 on the fly within the Tool.

The .99$ songs have DRM which limits use to a maximum of 5 devices at any single time. Not great for a family full of computers, iPhones and iPods.
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Jailbreak that sob & get apps for free. Dont ask me how though.

Comment

Originally posted by platnumb4x View Post
                  Sorry what is DRM
                  DRM is Digital Rights Management.
                  Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                  Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                  HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I use replay radio and create my own MP3s from streaming audio sources. Works great. $0 and legal. Remember the days of putting a cassette tape in and taping off the radio? Same concept.

Comment

Curtis,

I loaded most of my 3000 cd's on my computer, then down;oad the one I want to my Ipod. As I found new stuff I download from Itunes. Works great for me. My Iphone has 1800 songs so there is plenty for those long trail rides.

Comment

I use iTunes. If some one comes by the house I ask them if I can look at there cd's in there car, and download stuff that I like. If you know someone with alot of music that you like. Take your pod to there place and download from there computer. 2 things about doing that. 1st make sure its the same format. If you download at home with a mac, DON'T connect it to your buddies non-mac pc. This will instantly erase every song from your pod. 2nd, Set your pod to be managed manually. That way you can pick only the music you want from your friends computer, and not his entire library.

I also suggest turning on the genius lists. They're cool, and different every time.
                        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

It will not instantly erase everything if you plug it in to any computer. It will ask you if you would like to first. I keep all of my music and movies on an external drive. In the preferences you can have iTunes look for your music there instead of your internal drive. Also ask iTunes to not make a second copy of your music because that is just a waste. With my music on a separate drive it is very easy to bring my music and movies to someone else’s house. It is becoming more useful not the most new TVs are set up to play movies off of a hard drive already. I just plug it in to the TV and press play.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            Who is the best service to download music from?
                            http://www.archive.org
                            Music - movies - audio books
                            Last edited by screwball; 02-23-11, 03:25 AM.
                            Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              It will not instantly erase everything if you plug it in to any computer. It will ask you if you would like to first.
                              I was referring to formatting. Not libraries.

It was been a few ipod generations ago that this happened to me, but it did happen, and I lost everything. Maybe the new versions ask first, but I aint testing it to see.
                              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                              X