2N83 Green Valley Lake

Length: .7 miles

Trail Rating: Black Diamond Most Difficult - Street legal vehicles ONLY

Elevation: 6600’ to 7000’

Trail adopted by: Southern California Big Dawgs

Southwest entrance on Holcomb Creek Rd at N34° 14.652 W117° 04.762

East entrance on 3N16 at N34° 14.816 W117° 05.181

Lat/Lon format is hddd° mm.mmm WGS84 datum

It is always a good idea to call the ranger station before heading in to the forest and get a current conditions report. Big Bear Ranger Station & Discovery Center (909) 382-2790

SBNF Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM)

SBNF Google Earth file
    Attached Files
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

2N83 is currently CLOSED

Butler 2 Fire and Slide Fire Road and Trail Closures
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"] Doug, I was lookig at your map here and Holcomb Creek is designated as 3N08 (?), it's not the first map I've seen like this. Educate me on this please?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="Sienna"] Doug, I was lookig at your map here and Holcomb Creek is designated as 3N08 (?), it's not the first map I've seen like this. Educate me on this please?[/COLOR]
        The map is the SBNF Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM)

The SBNF got it wrong. They are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the next printing. I have no idea when it will get fixed online

Comment

This road is no longer a black diamond. The tree cutters graded the road. It now is and should be rated Easiest.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Update for 2N83 "Edison Road" at Green Valley Lake

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            This road is no longer a black diamond. The tree cutters graded the road. It now is and should be rated Easiest.
            Not anymore - been awhile since and the rain wash has really added too difficulty. It has been downgraded to "blue", but still a good idea to not travel alone unless you have a periscpope - a spotter woulda come in handy yesterday (totally missed my mark and spent the next hour road building)
            https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...60ddb48f9c715d

Comment

Working...
            X