X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: CALICO DEC 9th-11th

*****UPDATED*****

Hey everybody!

Thought I'd see if there was any interest in a Calico weekend Dec 9th!

Let's go wheelin'!

P.S. I'll make good on my Manifold Burrito promise!

***MEETING PLACE***

For anyone wanting to go who's never been there, make a left right past Calico Ghost Town, on Doran Scenic Dr. We'll be camping a little bit just past the tunnels you can drive through on the left ..maybe around 1/2 mile in or so. We plan on getting there Friday evening around 6-630p. If you want to come out Saturday, meeting time is 9:30am at camp. Just look for my White TJ. I have an American Flag flying driver and will also throw up my Yellow Happy Face Flag to help you see me

We'll be on CB Ch 4. If you'd like my cell, I can shoot you that as well. (not sure I'll have coverage once out there though)

WHO'S GOING?

****CURRENT LIST****

1. Lorie- I H8RDS ~~Friday night
    2. J P ~~Friday night
    3. Bernie & Beautiful wife -WeRubiBlue06 ~~Friday night
    4. Mike- IBclimbin~~Saturday
    5. Randy and Carmen - mybrokenjeep ~~Friday
    6. 4XSMURF ~~Friday night
    7. Gary and Friends
    8. Red Rubi +
    9. Jess- DzrtRat ~~Friday night
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 12-07-11, 09:15 PM.
    Jeep Girl

I'm up for wheelin that weekend....

Mike,

Comment

I'd love to! But I'm going to be at the end of a project mid december, so I'll probably be working weekends.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Bummer Daniel..we haven't wheeled together since BB. Calico is one of my fav places...Always a blast! One of the last couple times I was out there, one of the guys from Wrecked 4x4 asked if I wanted to ride passenger up the Gatekeeper in his rig. What an Awesome time that was!! We went up and down the Gatekeeper a few times
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JKrocks View Post
          I'm up for wheelin that weekend....

Mike,
          Cool! Let's round up some people!
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Oh damn...manifold burritos!! What would be the level of difficulty of runs that you plan on running, you think a newbie :omg: could do it? Would we be able to meet the group on Saturday?

Comment

Bernie- Your rig is completely capable of during the trails in Calico..and there's everything from easy to difficult out there. You will love it! Lots of views, mines, some trenches, tall canyon walls, colors....it's awesome in Calico! Saturday would be fine!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Well then I'm all in as of now! I love places like what you described.

Do you guys ever go to Borrego Springs? That also looks like an awsome place. We used to go to Ocotillo Wells and ride quads there but that was before the Rubicon. Lots of different type of terrain there.

BTW...thanks, you guys are great here!

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                  Well then I'm all in as of now! I love places like what you described.

Do you guys ever go to Borrego Springs? That also looks like an awsome place. We used to go to Ocotillo Wells and ride quads there but that was before the Rubicon. Lots of different type of terrain there.

BTW...thanks, you guys are great here!

I haven't been there Yet..but plan on it! I'm starting a list on the first post. I'll put you down for Saturday...

And yep, I have to agree with you- everyone here is great
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

I am up for another ride just for the day on Saturday. If I play my cards right I may be able to bring a passenger. I showed the last CB trail pictures we went on and scared a few people away. Woosies. I assured a friend of mine this will be a much easier trail for her first experience off roading. Want it to be a good one so she will go again. I think this run will be perfect.
                    I Jeep, therefore I am

Comment

We (MyBrokenJeep and Mrs. MyBrokenJeep) might be able to attend... Sounds fun! What trails are you planning on running? Does anyone have a Google Map or Google Satellite Map of where you will be camping? What time of day on Friday would you be planning to arrive? We could possibly arrive relatively early... and could mark off the areas...
                      Regards,
                      Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by IBclimbin View Post
                        I am up for another ride just for the day on Saturday. If I play my cards right I may be able to bring a passenger. I showed the last CB trail pictures we went on and scared a few people away. Woosies. I assured a friend of mine this will be a much easier trail for her first experience off roading. Want it to be a good one so she will go again. I think this run will be perfect.
                        Awesome! I'll add ya to the list
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                          We (MyBrokenJeep and Mrs. MyBrokenJeep) might be able to attend... Sounds fun! What trails are you planning on running? Does anyone have a Google Map or Google Satellite Map of where you will be camping? What time of day on Friday would you be planning to arrive? We could possibly arrive relatively early... and could mark off the areas...
                          J P and I won't be able to get there until after dark. I work until 2:30 and not sure when he'll be ready to roll out of town. We'll both be coming from Ventura..about 3 1/2 hours out. If you know of the tunnels in the mountains on the left you can drive through..we planned on camping in the area just past that on the left..kinda of right before you go around the bend to get to the Gatekeeper. If you plan on getting there early, let us know what to look for!

As for the trails- for sure Doran and all of Odessa; and everything else out there...plan on hitting up the Bismark mines..I'm sure there's names for all the trials we've hit in the past, just not sure which ones are which.
                          Last edited by I H8RDS; 11-21-11, 06:25 AM.
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

FYI- there's now a sign up link on the first post.
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                              Bummer Daniel..we haven't wheeled together since BB. Calico is one of my fav places...Always a blast! One of the last couple times I was out there, one of the guys from Wrecked 4x4 asked if I wanted to ride passenger up the Gatekeeper in his rig. What an Awesome time that was!! We went up and down the Gatekeeper a few times
                              Indeed, I think we have missed each other on the passed few runs. Will have to get to Calico some time! Hows your jeep doing? Did you ever figure out what that knocking sound was under the floorboard? or have you just blocked it out of your hearing
                              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                              X