Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Trails - 1-14-2012

Anyone interested in doing a couple of Big Bear trails? It's been spring weather up here lately. I don't anticiapate any snow on either trail...sorry.. but there should be plenty of water though.

I was thinking of going from Lake Arrowhead up Dishpan Springs trail to the Holcom Creek trail.

Saturday the 14th
    9:30 am
    Hwy 189 & Hook Creek Rd

If you go, please give a report of the trail condition on Holcomb. Curious to see how she's holding up.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      If you go, please give a report of the trail condition on Holcomb. Curious to see how she's holding up.
      Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
        Ran it on the 24th of december and it was all good. Thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Ran dishpan and holcomb trail last saturday. Holcomb was nice it had a little snow slide down into a small creek with some rocks to cross over. Thumbs up on that trail also nice place to have lunch

Comment

Mike I might be up for this. Will let you know next week.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Mike I might be up for this. Will let you know next week.
              Cool.
              Don't you think Art needs to get his yellow Jeep on the trail again.

Comment

I switched shifts at work, so Saturdays are work days. On the bright side I work in the day time now. Problem with the Yellow Jeep is, my tinkertoy spoiled me. It's kinda like why get sore from a somewhat harsh ride when ya have a Cadillac to cruise in. Did I say I love that Jeep lol
                Last trail I did was Holcomb and Dishpan and the difference in ride is night and day. Then I hate the noise and short gearing of the Terra lo. With the Atlas I can cruise stretches of trail at 20 mph in lo range and 5 th gear, no worries about over running the gears in the terra lo.
                Somewhere along the line the Little Yeller will get a redo, some longer arms, 14 and 12" coilovers a mild front stretch, the cage redone and a Rubicon transfercase. Then I'll take it for some fire roading again. I can put some 37's on Tinkertoy though, that is why I got some for Big Bear fun.
                Last edited by aw12345; 01-07-12, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hey mike .Mind if i tag along.Wont know for sure if i have to work or not .Let you know by fri .

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I switched shifts at work, so Saturdays are work days. On the bright side I work in the day time now. Problem with the Yellow Jeep is, my tinkertoy spoiled me. It's kinda like why get sore from a somewhat harsh ride when ya have a Cadillac to cruise in. Did I say I love that Jeep lol
                    Last trail I did was Holcomb and Dishpan and the difference in ride is night and day. Then I hate the noise and short gearing of the Terra lo. With the Atlas I can cruise stretches of trail at 20 mph in lo range and 5 th gear, no worries about over running the gears in the terra lo.
                    Somewhere along the line the Little Yeller will get a redo, some longer arms, 14 and 12" coilovers a mild front stretch, the cage redone and a Rubicon transfercase. Then I'll take it for some fire roading again. I can put some 37's on Tinkertoy though, that is why I got some for Big Bear fun.
                    If you do all of that the BB trails won't be much fun. lol

Comment

Originally posted by xthread View Post
                      Hey mike .Mind if i tag along.Wont know for sure if i have to work or not .Let you know by fri .
                      Sounds good, hope you can make it.

Comment

Actually they are, love cruisin trough them with my Tinkertoy when I put the 37's on them. Makes for a nice fun ride, pick interesting lines and cruise through the dirt roads at pretty decent speed without getting beat up. I did Dishpan and Holcomb with it and they are fun to do.
                        I bet doing Dishpan, Holcomb, John Bull and Gold mountain in the same day would be nice day's entertainment.
                        I did Cleghorn, 2n17x, pilot rock and Dishpan with Freddy and that took less than 4 hours from starting out to getting home.
                        Was a nice afternoon's entertainment. It is not about how hard the trail is but how much fun you get out of it.
                        For a day of hard stuff we got the Hammers to visit. It's nice to mix it up with some nice relaxed easy wheelin

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Actually they are, love cruisin trough them with my Tinkertoy when I put the 37's on them. Makes for a nice fun ride, pick interesting lines and cruise through the dirt roads at pretty decent speed without getting beat up. I did Dishpan and Holcomb with it and they are fun to do.
                          I bet doing Dishpan, Holcomb, John Bull and Gold mountain in the same day would be nice day's entertainment.
                          I did Cleghorn, 2n17x, pilot rock and Dishpan with Freddy and that took less than 4 hours from starting out to getting home.
                          Was a nice afternoon's entertainment. It is not about how hard the trail is but how much fun you get out of it.
                          For a day of hard stuff we got the Hammers to visit. It's nice to mix it up with some nice relaxed easy wheelin
                          I've been wanting to do a full trial run some time by running DP to Holcomb have lunch in BB then up Gold Mt to JB and back down DP to Arrowhead for a late lunch. Some day.

Comment

I guess we will have to make that happen some day

Comment

I would love to do that....when it's warm
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X