Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Wheeling and camping trip to Calico on March 9-11

I would like to arrange a wheeling and camping trip to Calico on March 9-11 with some of you folks that know this area well. I would be getting to Calico Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon. I Hope some of you that are more familiar with Calico would be willing to introduce us to some new trails, even if it’s not a technical run, say just a historic or scenic ride would be nice too. Every time I’ve gone out to Calico we've been amazed at how beautiful the surroundings are and I wonder how many more areas there are to explore.

We (wife and I) have done Odessa and Doran a few times up and down and done some exploring of a few mines with other fellow MJR members. We welcome those MJR member that we’ve already met and those that we have yet had the privilege of meeting to come out and join us for another fun yet safe wheeling and camping trip.

--MEETING PLACE--

For anyone wanting to go who's never been there, make a left just past Calico Ghost Town entrance, on Doran Scenic Dr. We'll be a little ways in on the left maybe around 1/2 mile in or so. I plan on getting there Friday evening between 8 and 9pm but others like Lorie may arrive earlier at around 6 to 630pm. If you want to come out Saturday, meeting time is 9:30am at camp. You can look for my blue Rubicon and a white RV (Winnebago Sightseer) and/or Lorie’s white TJ. We’ll have an American Flag flying either on the RV or on Lorie’s jeep--driver side

We'll be on CB Ch 4. If you'd like my cell your welcome to IM me and I’ll send it to you. (Not sure that I'll have coverage once we’re at camp but sometimes text messages come trough)
    Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 03-01-12, 07:27 PM. Reason: Meeting Place

It's been SO long Bernie! A month..you know I'm dyin to go wheeling'!! I'll race you there!!

Spoke to Jeff-he's bringing a lot of wood, so no worries on packing any wood. I plan to leave straight from work Friday at 2:30pm. That should put me there by 6pm hopefully..

Seems like forever!
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Love to go with you guys but I have heavy equipment training for the forest service that weekend. Have fun!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I always like to pack some wood just in case there is a need for more.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
          Love to go with you guys but I have heavy equipment training for the forest service that weekend. Have fun!
          Ya Ya..I barely remember the Rat I met Last Year!! Oh and by the way, there's been an upgrade around the campfire at night. It ain't Patron anymore buddy....
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
            Ya Ya..I barely remember the Rat I met Last Year!! Oh and by the way, there's been an upgrade around the campfire at night. It ain't Patron anymore buddy....

There is no "upgrade" from Patron. Only quantum steps backward...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Too bad you can't make it out Rat, I would like to have met you. I guess if you're going to the IDTT run I will have the opportunity to meet you then. I always look forward to meeting new MJR members.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                There is no "upgrade" from Patron. Only quantum steps backward...
                You Obviously don't know what you're talking about. That's OK, I won't hold it against you.
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Sound like someone need an intro to the campfire Honey.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                    Sound like someone need an intro to the campfire Honey.
                    LOL..ya but Rats need to crawl out of their holes and be sociable to get the full experience
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

It's ok we have the extraction equipment! Mo-Honey!

I mean, if it worked on me it will work on just about anyone. Although, I am still a little too shy and held back...but we are working on that.

Comment

Been chatting with some folks..looks like we have a solid 4; maybe 5 going right now...they just haven't logged on/posted..but wanted to give you an update..
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                          Been chatting with some folks..looks like we have a solid 4; maybe 5 going right now...they just haven't logged on/posted..but wanted to give you an update..

Sounds like a great wheeling and camping weekend...yet again.

Comment

I'm in. Not sure if I'll be there late Friday or early Saturday yet it's work dependent. It's been crazy for a few weeks. And go see Act of Valor dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                              I'm in. Not sure if I'll be there late Friday or early Saturday yet it's work dependent. It's been crazy for a few weeks. And go see Act of Valor dudes.
                              Sound good Sylar, you know where we'll be waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X