Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: IDTT 2012 (Calico Reunion Run) Trail Report

This non event was a happening event
    The Friday night hang out around the campfire was epic, Chucky those deep fried Oreos rock. It was a definite MJR party and was good to see a lot of old faces.
    This morning at Peggy Sue's it was good to meet a lot more of Y'all.
    After breakfast we headed straight to gate keeper which didn't disappoint.
    I think Fred and me earned Curtis's Ye Olde Codger price for fastest time through it.
    Took me from starting the go pro and starting the Jeep to parking it and turning the gopro off a whole 5.27 mins, pretty sure Freddy tackled it a bit quicker yet.
    Now Kurt and Chucky had a whole lot more fun, in the Process Chucky broke his toy and Kurt kinda had a bit hard time with it also. After that party nobody else in the gathered group wanted anything else to do with it. So we tried to continue on Doran, but somebody had a somewhat unfortunate incident with a steering box that was laying on the ground so instead of waiting for that to get made mobile again, we headed for Odessa, which apart of a unseated bead was fairly uneventfull. The wall climbing thingy made for a few nice pics. From there to the big mine always forget the name of that thing for lunch. After a bit we broke off and headed back to Doran ran that both ways the little side diversion on the left is cool had to actually turn the lockers on. All in all a great day with great friends. Ran into Kevin and the Put abouts, they had even drug Max out of his little corner of the world. That ole Girl of yours looks pretty darn spiffy Kevin, Max again cool trailer, not perfect , but definitely cool, will make for some nice future camp outs with your family
    Last edited by aw12345; 04-01-12, 07:58 AM.

Ahh man, I want to try the gate keeper so bad. But I don't want to put my jeep in to a possible out-of-commission state. aargh! hah Would love to see that gopro video!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

It's almost done doing on You tube

Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-X9j...ature=youtu.be

See if that's something you want to torture your Jeep with
      Last edited by aw12345; 03-31-12, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Art you make it look easy. Had a really good time with a lot of really great people. A couple more of the Gatekeeper.

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

A few more of those who had too much fun at the gatekeeper.

Odessa Canyon

Comment

Curtis and Mike bitchin pictures of all the fun

Comment

Breakfast at Peggy Sue's

Camp

Dr Dirty climbing the wall in Odessa Canyon

Oregon Mine

Kramer's Arch

Sweetwater Spring

Someone did some late night rock rearranging on Doran

MJR chicks ROCK

All the pics can be seen at http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...T/IDTT%202012/
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Had a good time. Always good to see MJR friends and great pics. you guys. Haven't been on that side trail in a while there is some fun spots for sure
                You can make it

Comment

We made it home safe and sound - thanks to everyone for coming out (especially Jason!), Rick and I had a great time! We stormed Peggy Sue's Saturday morning with at least 40-50 people sitting down inside! And we had at least 3 camps in Mule Canyon.

It truly seemed like a reunion this year with Al (igofshn) and Kirk (cetrov), and even Brian (blktj - Happy Birthday!) Our regulars have definitely stepped it up a notch with said deep fryer and some glow which I hope becomes a staple for future events!! We enjoyed meeting some of the newer people to the board and hope to see you sooner than next year

Thanks for the pics and videos everyone, you rock, and thanks for hangin' out with us!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Na Sarah thanks for hanging out with us all, you seem to always brighten everybody's day

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Na Sarah thanks for hanging out with us all, you seem to always brighten everybody's day
                      Aww, thanks! (and night too - with glowwww! hehe) I never gave you your AAT hat. I left the swag outside and John put it in his RV for the day (thank you John). I can bring it to the AAT meeting if you'll be there, or we can meet up along the way.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I was thinking about doing this when I was here, but wasn't sure if I would be able to make the sharp turn to get back onto the trail after getting up the hill. (if I would high center, and if I could make the turn) Is it possible? or did you back down from this?

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

It can be done with a TJ a good spotter help since it feels really iffy. You have to run up the wall a bit and then turn and no that doesn't feel all that cool. It's steeper than it looks but can be done. Did it yesterday with Fred spotting and have done it with my yellow Jeep also.
                          Scott had his rear locker give out so did not make it up.
                          Here is Freddy going up without spotting, good driving Fred

Last edited by aw12345; 04-01-12, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Wow, What a trip. This was a fantastic weekend. The night runs were fantastic. Camp fires, and deep fried everything wrapped in bacon, was tremendous. Got few pics of the action. A huge thanks to Kurt for spending an hour or two spotting me up gate keeper.
                            Some of my favorite pics.

All the rest are here. Warning there are alot, I got carried away with the shutter button again.
                            http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...20IDTT%202012/
                            Last edited by hollywood32; 04-01-12, 07:53 PM.

Comment

We had a great time! My only regret was that there were so many folks that I didn't get a chance to socialize with as many people as would have liked to. It was fun to meet and put faces to names.

We have about 350 photos and a bunch of video. Here are some of our pics from Friday:

Some Saturday pics:

Oops!:

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X