Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocks are calling!! Calico may 4th weekend :)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rocks are calling!! Calico may 4th weekend :)

~~~~ Weather update~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like a little wind Friday night- 20 mph. Less for Saturday. Plan on getting dirty! And don't forget stakes for your tents!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everybody! There's a group of us going to Calico. The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. To get to camp, you will pass the huge cowboy that sits out in front of the actual Ghost town and go 100 yards or so. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. The plan is to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. We'll run Doran, Odessa, Wall Street, and as time permits, some exploring.

If you want to come out Saturday, we'll leave camp for the trails around 9:30am. It's going to be nice and warm. Bring lots of water! And if everyone can bring some wood, that'd be great.

You should have tow points front and rear and anyone that has a strap, bring it. I have one, but mine shouldn't be the only one on the trail. I'm hoping there's at least one or two others who have experience like myself who want to go. My regular posse can't make it this time . Ideally, 33's and at least 1 locker makes things easier..if you don't have that, and are running "stockier", no problem..you'll probably just require some help in a couple places. You do want to have some armor, (sliders) or risk some possible body damage.

Look for my yellow happy face flag. I'm a white TJ. American Flag flying driver with a My Jeep Rocks windshield banner.

CB- Ch 4. I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.

Looking forward to it!

Lorie

****PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SOME WOOD FOR OUR CAMP FIRES!****

The List:

1.) I H8RDS- Lorie ***Friday @ approx 6:00pm

2.) RadarRob2012 & Jess and Boyfriend *** Friday 4pm

3.) Jerry97tj *** Saturday

4.) Jerry97tj friend #1 ***Saturday

5.) Jerry97tj friend #2 ***Saturday

6.) JK08- Danny *** Saturday plus possible friends

7.) donbadabon *** Saturday

8.) BRANDONT ***Saturday

9.) Marinelj*** Saturday and his wife

10.) toycrawler5481 ***Friday----possible buddy in tow

11.) Ross and Lisa ***Friday

12.) Quantumracer-Dan and Jacque ***Friday

13.) XMRacer ***Friday

14.) XMRacer's buddy ***Friday

15.) Bear..Wrangler *** Trying for Friday night

16.) JRickW *** Saturday

17.) JK08- Danny's friend and Dad

MAYBE:

1. BChip *** Saturday
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 05-04-12, 01:02 PM.
    Jeep Girl

I would love to join in... but my clutch says otherwise. Have a great time!

Scott

Comment

You should have tow points front and rear and anyone that has a strap, bring it. I have one, but mine shouldn't be the only one on the trail.
      She's not being stingy with her tow strap. It's just that if it's not in her possesion 100% of the time she'll have no way of getting un stuck. LOL :wink: :hide: J/K
      Last edited by Gary; 04-24-12, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
        She's not being stingy with her tow strap. It's just that if it's not in her possesion 100% of the time she'll have no way of getting un stuck. LOL :wink: :hide: J/K
        GARY-- do you happen to remember my saying from IDTT? Something hurts. ....lol
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Nope, I don't remember.

You know I'm playing, right?

Comment

Uhh Ha..sure I do.

LET'S GO WHEELIN'!!!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Big bear would be better that weekend. way less dust to deal with this time of year. Either way I have to see what time my brother is flying in Sunday before I make a decision. I'd like to pick him up from LAX and hit big bear for the assault on the 5th, but I doubt he is getting here early enough to be there by 9 a.m.

As it turns out the 5th is Saturday, so 3 hours to Calico or 3 hours to big bear. I'll have to see what decision the next 10 days brings me to.
              Last edited by Taphorn; 04-25-12, 10:10 AM. Reason: Can't read a calander
              "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

BB is still too cold for me at night. I like it warm...not 30 degress..or even 40 is still too cold. It takes me over 3 hours to get there...day runs are out for me.
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Put me down tentatively. I want to come since I missed the last trip, but Uncle Sam is trying to keep me on my couch.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                    Put me down tentatively. I want to come since I missed the last trip, but Uncle Sam is trying to keep me on my couch.
                    Will add ya...first post is always being updated We miss you!!!!

P&J, water; it's all you need!!!! Poor man's diet I'll share my poor man's diet too k?!

Coming Friday or Saturday?
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

Lorie my friend, you're killing me...:bonk:

Comment

Bernie & vanessa- I can not even imagine not wheeling with you guys for a month or longer b/c of your schedule. It's just inconceivable to me. I can't comprehend it! Say it isn't so!!!!! Am I going to have to form a new posse?? Skylar, Bernie and V ? NOOOOO!!!!! :censor:

Dezertdog -- You need to make one of my runs sometime this year!!!!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

:wrench: If my parts come in and I get my rig back together, we'll be out there Friday.

Butch
                          "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Originally posted by MY4D9WILLYS View Post
                            :wrench: If my parts come in and I get my rig back together, we'll be out there Friday.

Butch

That would Awesome to see you guys again!! I'll add ya to my maybe list. You have to come for the shiskabobs alone!!

I ordered my Antirock. If I get it by friday, I'm installing it Saturday! whooo-hooo!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

How are the new fenders

Comment

Working...
                              X