Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: San Juan Mountains, Colorado

Leaving now for an 11 day epic adventure to the San Juan Mountain area of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. I will try to post at least one picture a day of our progress with a full trip report when we return.

Itinerary:

Sunday August 5 – Silverton, Clear Lake

Monday August 6 - Animas Forks, Engineer Pass, Lake City, Cinnamon Pass, Eureka Gulch

Tuesday August 7 - Black Bear Pass, Telluride, Imogene Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Governor Basin, Ouray

Wednesday August 8 - Cunningham Gulch, Stony Pass, Silverton to Durango via steam locomotive down the Animas Gorge.

Thursday August 9 - Ophir Pass, Alta Lakes, Last Dollar Road, Ridgway, Million Dollar Highway

Friday August 10 - Mineral Creek, Poughkeepsie Gulch, Hurricane Pass, California Gulch, Picayne Gulch, Placer Gulch, Gray Copper Gulch, Corkscrew Gulch

Saturday August 11 - Kendall Mountain, Arrastra Gulch, Little Giant Basin, Maggie Gulch, Minnie Gulch, Kitti Mack, Burns Gulch

We will have 11 rigs/23 people on the trail.

We met at the Sizzler Restaurant in Brea on Sunday July 29 to have a planning meeting.

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Leaving today! Turn up the driving tunes...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Have fun everyone and be safe.

Comment

One of the best places to take a vacation.

Comment

Have a ball Y'all

Comment

We left on Wednesday and have been taking our sweet time to get to Colorado. We spent two days in Sedona, AZ golfing, eating BBQ, and exploring the town.

From Sedona we traveled through Monument Valley and a quick stop at 4 corners.

We spent the last two days in Cortez, CO with a visit to Mesa Verde National Park. This place is amazing.

Tomorrow we leave for Silverton. Many more pictures to come.
            Check out .

Comment

RAT, Russ Chung, and I left Kingman, AZ this morning and headed to Flagstaff to meet Sergio (50yj). Russ took off to Silverton via Gallup, and RAT, Sergio, and I went to explore the Monument Valley and surrounding areas. We made it to Cortez, CO late, but had a great day of exploring:

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

WOW! Sweet pics guys. Be safe, and keep the pics coming!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Camp Friday night in the Coconino National Forest
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I manged to hit a deer coming into Durango. Looks like only a bumper, front quarter panel, grill, driver side head light and fuel cooler were damaged. Looks like auto insur will cover. No injuries and lucky for the minimal damage. Shitty part is that I have to drive it to the Chevy dealer next to the Ford dealer to get it appraised and repaired. Crazy insurance co. Hopefully I get it repaired so I can drive a "new" truck home. Otherwise chuck and I are catching up on missed time together!

Comment

Ryan that sucks, glad, Y'all are ok and it wasn't a moose. Bummer that you are loosing vacation time because of it, no way to rent a truck to drag the Jeep the rest of the way and pick your truck up on the way back. Bummer for the deer also.

Comment

Clear Lake

Comment

Sorry to hear about the deer. Glad the fam is ok.

It looks cold there! What's the weather like?
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great pictures guys and Bummer about the truck Ryan.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Animas Forks

Comment

Working...
                              X