Jeep Forums at MyJeepRocks.com
Shop Jeep Parts.com

Thread: TJ Currie 3" springs

'06 Rubi & '46 CJ2a

TJ Currie 3" springs

Asking $250 for the set of 4 springs.

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/product...7&categoryId=2

They are in good condition, I've had them on the jeep since early this year, probably 8 months or so. I purchased them new from Savvy. They are a little bit dirty (I will clean them up) but no rust, as far as I can tell the powder coat finish hasn't been broken at all, but I will know for sure when I wipe the dirt/dust off them tomorrow.

I haven't noticed any sagging in the springs, as far as I know the ride height never changed since day one. But then again I don't think I ever measured.

Only getting rid of them because I decided to switch to Currie's 4" springs. I've got absolutely no complaints about the springs, I'd run them again no question, I just decided to go with the 4" springs, now that I don't drive it every day, I don't need to squeeze fit into the low-ceiling parking structure at work. So I'm popping in 4" springs

I'll probably have some Fox shocks for sale soon as well.
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-01-12 at 11:10 PM.

05 LJ Rubicon!
    I wish I has the extra $$$ right now!
    Dino Darling - KX6D
    mjr@kx6d.com
    562-665-6286 (Text is BEST!)
    2005 LJ Rubicon

'06 Rubi & '46 CJ2a
    Ok I wiped them down, and indeed the powder coat has been scratched through in a few places (particularly on the bottom of the springs) but it's just surface rust, they are still in good condition.

98 TJ
    how do they ride on the road? pretty soft or stiff?
    College Jeeper on a budget

'06 Rubi & '46 CJ2a
    hard to say really. Since I changed my shocks at the same time I really have no idea if it's the shocks or the springs that changed the ride characteristics. I'm inclined to think that shocks make more of a difference than springs, but I don't know for sure.

I went from BDS 2" springs and the shocks were either BDS or Bilstein (I honestly can't remember, when I got them I just got whatever the person at 4wheelparts suggested, as I knew nothing about jeeps back then). That combo was nice and soft, it felt better than stock actually! The ride after that when I put on the Currie springs and Fox shocks was noticeably stiffer on the street, not rough, just firmer. Offroad, I'm not really sure that it felt a whole lot stiffer, because I air my tires down to 9-10psi, so that soaks up most of the small stuff. The ride certainly wasn't bad.

I have really enjoyed how my jeep has performed over the passed year, which is why I'm probably going to stick with the same brand shocks and springs (just a bit taller). I'm going to see if I can get away with using the same shocks and not getting the longer ones. If I disconnect the swaybars and track bars and remove the springs, I have a bit more than 1" more flex than the shocks will allow up front, and a bit more than that in the rear. I'm not sure if I'd ever actually be able to flex that hard with everything connected, or not. Even then, up front the limiting factor is the control arms hitting the front shock bracket on the axle. I don't see any marks on the control arms where they have hit, so I'm guessing that when it's all connected up I'm not able to flex that much. We'll see!
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-05-12 at 05:21 AM.

Rockin'
    TJ
    Very interests are the the progressive springs and are the rears the heavy rated springs?

'06 Rubi & '46 CJ2a
    It's only the rear springs that are "heavy rate" (according to Savvy's site, where I purchased them). But both are progressive.
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-10-12 at 03:17 PM.

'06 Rubi & '46 CJ2a
    Springs have been sold.