Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Dishpan Action

I took a drive through the SB Mt's today but couldn't get through the Dishpan trail.

The south route through the waterfall area has some new boulders that have recently rolled down not allowing any way through here to be easy . This is almost a winch hill now.

Talk about blocking the trail

Anyone for a drive up the waterfall?

Hitchcock Ranch horses

BB has helicopter rides now?

BBL
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-03-12, 05:49 PM.

Guess it would be worth giving it a try :-)

Comment

It's amazing what going from tires down to tires up can do to your vehicle.

Comment

Help me understand, he was going straight up the waterfall? That cut to the left (going up) still looks like it's not too hard. Ouch!
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
          Help me understand, he was going straight up the waterfall? That cut to the left (going up) still looks like it's not too hard. Ouch!
          I've seen many vehicles do just what this guy did - he started up the WF and the rear tire hit the first ledge and forces the front end to the left and over it goes.

The left route is a little harder than it looks in the picture. The JK went through pretty easily, but I thought for sure I was goning to get stuck. A couple of the other vehicles with 35's winched up the middle route. Happy days are here again!

Maybe I'll start a new group called "stockers with lockers" - max 32'' tires - it'll put the fun back in the BB trails. LOL

Comment

i have run that trail in a grand cherokee on long arms and 35s and almost flipped it
            ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
            00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
            97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Weird. I took the left side and made it to the tree with the big rock just past it. All the ruts and dug-out spots stopped me cold, so I cut across the trail and went up the fin to the right of where the log lays. 32's and open diffs. Did I take the bunny slope?
              -sons of thunder

Comment

How hard is this part of the trail on a dirtbike up or down? I want to take my son through here on our dirtbikes but I don't want to spend the day trying to get him through. Thanks.

Comment

I was there in March and two guys came through on dirtbikes. One went straight up the waterfall - thought he would fry his clutch, but he made it. The other went left and had no trouble.
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

Sad to see someone on their roof. Is this anyone on the forum?
                    Last time I went up the face of the falls, it was starting to get hairy. But a little more skinny petal than usual got me up the steep part. Do we need to go mount a winch point?
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                      I've seen many vehicles do just what this guy did - he started up the WF and the rear tire hit the first ledge and forces the front end to the left and over it goes.

The left route is a little harder than it looks in the picture. The JK went through pretty easily, but I thought for sure I was goning to get stuck. A couple of the other vehicles with 35's winched up the middle route. Happy days are here again!

Maybe I'll start a new group called "stockers with lockers" - max 32'' tires - it'll put the fun back in the BB trails. LOL
                      Thing is you can feel it start to crab over to the left, you stop, move over to the right some more and climb the waterfall. When you are on a bad line and persists the results are often not what you want

Comment

Ouch! I trust that everyone was ok? Was it intact enough to make it home?
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

any shots from the bottom looking up? just rant his a month or so ago, and dont remember anything there
                          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I always start a little to the left and turn right to the top. But once I commit to it I don't let off.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                              I always start a little to the left and turn right to the top. But once I commit to it I don't let off.
                              I have had it once where it started crabbing to the left if it does it's time to hit the clutch or reverse in a hurry or things will get just a bit hectic. Now my bigger put put just climbs it without a care

Comment

Working...
                              X