Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Calico's calling! Sept 21st-23rd

Let's crawl some rocks !

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. To get to camp, take the Ghost Town Exit and make a left. Get gas if you need it. You will pass the huge cowboy that sits out in front of the actual Ghost town. Go 100 yards or so past that. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. I'll put up some blue marker tape. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc. We'll run Doran, Odessa, maybe Wall Street, and as time permits, do some exploring.

If you want to come out Saturday, we'll leave camp for the trails around 10am.

You should have tow points front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..
    33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my yellow happy face flag. I'm a white TJ. American Flag flying driver with a My Jeep Rocks windshield banner.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SOME WOOD FOR CAMP !

Who's in?

When you post you're coming, please post your arrival day/time so we know to keep an eye out for ya!

1. Lorie-I H8RDS~~Friday@4pm
    2. Rob & Jess~~RadarRob2012~~Friday@5pm-ish
    3. Brandon & Brittany-BRANDONT~~Friday night
    4. Rich-rkwfxd~~Friday
    5. Lynda and Dwight-Solvang100~~Friday
    6. Bernie & Vanessa-weberubiblue06~~Friday eve
    7. Charles-csumjr~~Friday
    8. Carl & Lenny- Bigfoot69~~Friday
    9. Heather and Alex-Jeepndirty ?
    10. caltrans~~Friday
    11. RWKHausSupply~~Friday
    12. Richard-irace1~~Friday
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-21-12, 03:21 AM.
    Jeep Girl

Dang!!!!! I've been wanting to run these two trails for a long time. Unfortunately, we will be out of town.

Comment

Sounds like fun ...
      WOKNROX!
      Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Need to get some rear axle work done and move my rear shocks around. Realized I've been my spring mounts on the rear axle something fierce and my shocks about about to let go because of the abuse. No wheeling till i get that remedied. :-(
        "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Haven't run with you in a long time! How's the TC?
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Ill come out and watch you do Gatekeeper...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
              Ill come out and watch you do Gatekeeper...
              Shoooooot..piece of cake

Driving your rig right?
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Im thinking of coming out sat in the Am .It depends on my knee:angry: I hurt it cant drive the jeep know . But well see if it gets better:confused2

Comment

Ok buddy! Just let me know..feel better!
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Okay I THINK I can make this one. I Will check tonight and see what is in the works. Gonna be in Arrowhead tomorrow and sunday for a Company Retreate so thinking a few of us with Jeeps will hit some trails Saturday.

I will keep you posted pretty sure Connor and I will be there Saturday before 9:30 AM.

Danny
                    Last edited by JK08; 09-07-12, 08:44 PM.
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Danny..man, what's it been? 6 months or more? We've missed you and Sky Hope you can make this one..

Oct will be a Big Bear run and back to Calico for Halloween

Let me know!
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Wachter View Post
                        Im thinking of coming out sat in the Am .It depends on my knee:angry: I hurt it cant drive the jeep know . But well see if it gets better:confused2
                        Ron..heard you have to have surgery..big bummer Heal quick. The rocks are calling!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                          Hey Danny..man, what's it been? 6 months or more? We've missed you and Sky Hope you can make this one..

Oct will be a Big Bear run and back to Calico for Halloween

Let me know!
                          Ya it has been a while since wheelin the fun stuff. Hit cleghorn last Monday and did a weak ass black diamond in arrowhead yesterday. I will talk to Jen tonight and see if we have plans during this trip.
                          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

I was really lookin forward to coming out wheelin,campin & meeting u all...
                            its been a few months sense I've been wheelin in Calico...I look at it every day from work..
                            But happy to say I'll be spending 3 days up in Panamint Valley ...Wahoo!
                            U guys have a good time..
                            SteveO ..
                            Last edited by WOKNROX; 09-10-12, 05:41 AM.
                            WOKNROX!
                            Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                              Ron..heard you have to have surgery..big bummer Heal quick. The rocks are calling!
                              Ya this suck . Not my thing .but I'll be back in about 9 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X