• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggin' the Wall Drug bumper sticker!
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

• Hah! The red tool chests were my fathers, a bunch of odd stickers on there He went to college in South Dakota, probably where that sticker came from.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• welders and bottles are in there! Still need to secure the bottles, I've got an idea on how to do that. The other set of drawers will be on the opposite side of the ones that are already in there. And the bracket that holds them in towards the rear (where the bottles are) is removable with 2 bolts, so if I ever need to take the welders out, and it becomes difficult with the drawers in there, I can remove them pretty easily.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Hacked up a small bench grinder and mounted it on my welding cart, it's my tungsten grinder

Comment

• practicing some TIG welded joints. Not petty looking, but hopefully I'll get there soon

Comment

• So finally getting around to cleaning up and doing something with these old parts left over from the diesel swap in the willys. The two oil pan halfs will both be picture frames, and the broken clutch disc will be a clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                the broken clutch disc will be a clock.

Time to get a new clutch...
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

• first picture frame finished

Comment

• That. Is. Awesome.
                    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• Wow! That is really nice. I have the perfect spot in my house for that.

Comment

• Jason, I might be able to find a few more of these oil pans for cheap, if you want one, let me know and I can probably get you one I could even put in a photo of your jeep on it's side ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                          Wow, finding 2" or 2.25" flanges is a lot easier. I even looked for 45mm flanges without any luck. Maybe you should swap in a bigger engine? :homer:

Here's a guy who has some 1.75" 2-bolt flanges in 5/16" thickness, which should work pretty well.
                          http://www.headersbyed.com/_tubeflange.htm

Either that or you can make your own. That would be worthy of this thread.

I know I'm months late and $100s of dollars short on this one, but here is a link to some bad ass exhaust system parts. I'm going to be using this set up when I install the D60's in the Rat. Check it out...

http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/pp...ust-flange.htm
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Sweet I'm actually going to be redoing the exhaust, probably 2". I'm gonna move the motor forward a bit to help fit the longer transmission, and I want to jet coat the first few feet of the exhaust out of the turbo. Those connectors look nice, I may go that route instead of traditional flanges. Do you just butt the pipes up together then clamp it down? do they need to be flared or anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                              Sweet I'm actually going to be redoing the exhaust, probably 2". I'm gonna move the motor forward a bit to help fit the longer transmission, and I want to jet coat the first few feet of the exhaust out of the turbo. Those connectors look nice, I may go that route instead of traditional flanges. Do you just butt the pipes up together then clamp it down? do they need to be flared or anything?
                              It's a clone of a KF flange is you're familiar. But all you do is weld the flanges to the pipe. The flanges have an internal male lip on one flange and a female recess on the other flange. this aligns them and the clamp cinched it tight. And you can remove them as many times as you want. Makes up grades and repairs soooo much easier.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Clock is finished!

I was originally going to use aluminum TIG rod for the numbers, but it was difficult to bend in such small shapes, so after thinking for a little while, it hit me. Solder! 1/8" solder bends like butter. only had to use pliers to bend the real sharp bends at the ends. The rest is by hand.

I like clocks with full numbers, but it was apparent that full numbers was going to look kind of crowded, so I opted for washers in place of the inbetween numbers.

Felt like a kid in arts & crafts class. But I didn't eat the glue. ;-)

Last edited by daniel_buck; 08-23-14, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X