Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably won't get it done by the end of this week, but here's the design for the credenza to hold the TV and stereo. Solid brown color will be steel, and the outside shelves will be african mahogany again, though I still need to come up with a stain setup that I like for the wood.

I may play with the angles a bit, make the angled lower parts at a greater angle, we'll see.

On the lower shelves, there will probably be an old film camera displayed on each wing.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

breaking in the coffee table. It takes the heat just fine. We'll see how it takes a few cold beers tonight

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

nummers
        holes = cowbell

Comment

It holds the Stone Smoked Porter just fine Houston, we are go!

Comment

Colors came out looking great :beer: I would ask you to make me one but I would tell everyone I did it. :gun:
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

nice work.

Comment

So this is alot of fun! But right now I've only got angles, I'd like to do some bends :-D

I don't know anything about tube benders, but from what I can see online, a hydraulic bender is probably going to be the easiest to work with, and the most compact. Any suggestions on a new (or used) tube bender? brands and/or types to look for? Right now I'm just working with the 1x1" 1/16" square tubing, but I'd like to eventually do some round tubing as well, for something like a safari rack and what not. I don't need something that can bend super thick DOM tubing, at least not yet anyway.

Suggestions for a reasonably priced, good tube bender for small-medium sized tubes?

Comment

A friend, went to a welding forum, and got plans on, how to build a tube bender, that works with a bottle jack. You just need to get the proper dies. That may be an option for ya.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Yea, that might be an option! I've only got 110 power right now, I'd probably have to wait until I have 220 to do that, since I imagine it would require some thick metal?

Comment

Have had my eye on these plans for a long time.

Actually the kit they offer is also a pretty good deal, since drilling that many precise holes with a cheap drill press isn't that easy. Imprecise holes will make things bind, introduce stress, and make things wear funny. They drill their kit on a mill.

http://www.gottrikes.com/Tube_Bender.htm
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

The biggest cost of a TB is the dies. The one that David posted, looks nice. I would get one that is manual for now and can be switched over later.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

how thick of a metal tube could a manual bender bend? I guess it depends on how long the lever is, and how in-shape I am, eh? haha!

I don't think I'd be bending anything very thick anytime soon

Comment

One good thing about a vertical hydraulic bender is that it doesn't need to be anchored into concrete or anything. You could put it on casters and wheel it around. Something to consider as a renter.
                            Last edited by inVERt'D; 10-03-12, 09:09 PM.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

and as a renter with not a whole lot of garage space

Comment

That too. You could wheel that one outside and run a 20' stick-O-tube through it in the driveway. Even better, you could lend it to me!

holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X