Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
    Yea, that might be an option! I've only got 110 power right now, I'd probably have to wait until I have 220 to do that, since I imagine it would require some thick metal?
    My friend built his with a 110 machine. Nothing over 1/4" was used. Don't know what machine you have. But, if you have a mig, and run flux core, it will get hot enough.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I do have flux core wire.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I have used one like this. But the one I used could be made hydraulic.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-28000.html
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

How easy is it to bend tubing with a manual bender like that, with no hydraulic jack? Is it easy to make repeatable bends?
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

I have done 1 3/4 x .120 wall tubing.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

credenza is almost done! The wood is ready for sanding and staining, and the metal is ready for the finishing patina. I decided to leave most of the welds intact, instead of grinding them down. Not sure if I'll end up liking it that way or not in the long run. But I could always go back and grind them down later if I wanted to.

Comment

I like it. You've eliminated the outer supports, which is cool. They're not necessary, and it looks cleaner. I see you're stitch welding--smart on that thin stuff. At those lengths, it could really warp. More of a danger when you have 220.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Once I had the middle supports tack welded, I knew immediately that I wouldn't need the outer ones. I'm glad too, I agree, I think it looks cleaner. I have trouble knowing how much bracing is actually needed, I'm learning

The extended 'wings' on the top will only be holding speakers, which don't really weigh much. But even if they had something heavy on them, i think they would still be sufficient.

Comment

I wouldn't used it to hold up a Harley, but it will be more than strong enough for your TV and speakers.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Finished!

I'll clean the cables up, and then it'll be done. I'll take a photo with better light sometime too.

Comment

Very nice! Might be your best yet.
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

It's got to feel good, having furniture, you made. Looks good.

Is that twin cassette decks? You need a new stereo.
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

haha! Yea, everyone's giving me sh*t about that stereo. It's old, but it works! So I'm keeping it

Comment

Dude he's keepin' real on the mix tapes for the ladies. Not only are you keeping it, you made a custom piece of furniture to house it.
                              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                                haha! Yea, everyone's giving me sh*t about that stereo. It's old, but it works! So I'm keeping it
                                Old hell,we still have a piece we bought when we first got married. A secrectary desk with am pm, turn table, 4 and 8 track tapes. Still works like a charm. Built back when American built meant something. OH I should add that it been 40 years this year.
                                Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 11-10-12, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X