Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load GPS Dots to UConnect/MyGig

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how, to load GPS maps/waypoints into the JK stock navigation system?
    USMC F&AM

If all else fails, you can load the waypoints as POIs if your unit is the Garmin Nuvi type unit that is in my 12. I figured out how to do the POIs last year, but I also think we might be able to be able to import actual waypoints as well. I'll see if I can figure it out. It's easy in a stand alone Nuvi.

As for importing maps, there is no way to do that.

Comment

Okay, I would assume that it is. I'm probably going to slam some coffee and geek out at work tonight trying to figure out the coding for the system. Maybe I'll be able to break in and write a simple program that would load .gpx files into the Nav via the USB plug off the MyGig module.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
        Okay, I would assume that it is. I'm probably going to slam some coffee and geek out at work tonight trying to figure out the coding for the system. Maybe I'll be able to break in and write a simple program that would load .gpx files into the Nav via the USB plug off the MyGig module.
        Did you ever get this figured out? I'd be very curious to see what can be done to pre-load GPX files, waypoints, etc.
        OutdoorX4
        www.outdoorx4.com

Comment

I'm actually still working it out. I've had a couple failed attempts but nothing of great success yet. Once I get it ironed out a crack will need to be installed to the nav unit that will allow it to read the proper files from a USB stick.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

I guess I mention the crack due to warranty issues.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
            X