Trail length: 1.85 miles

Trail Rating: Green Circle Easiest - Street legal vehicles ONLY

Elevation: 6500' - 6800'

West entrance on 3N16 at N34° 18.115 W117° 01.250

Middle entrance on 3N04Y at N34° 18.628 W117° 01.190

3N97A exit at N34° 18.604 W117° 01.106

East entrance on 3N14 at N34° 18.649 W117° 00.080

Lat/Lon format is hddd° mm.mmm WGS84 datum

It is always a good idea to call the ranger station before heading in to the forest and get a current conditions report. Big Bear Ranger Station & Discovery Center (909) 382-2790

SBNF Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM)

SBNF Google Earth file
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

[COLOR="#800000"]Doug, correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time Roger & I were on this trail, it is no longer connected. There is a fenced break at the cienega and just past the Ironwood Campground (See pic. I've erased the portion no longer accessable).

I am unsure if there is an "a" or "b" designation. If I am mistaken please let me know and I will remove my posts.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

We are hoping that Kurt's efforts get that fence removed
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]sounds great! Currently however, if you are travelling this trail please do NOT go around any fence or gates currently in place. (not talking to you Doug, I know wouldn't.)[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Doug,
          There is no way the fence will be removed. It prevents vehicles from entering the Cienaga area. You'll have to check it out in person and see what we mean. I'm not sure if any of the trail numbers were changed when the road was stopped at the Cienaga and at the Ironwood Campground. I can't find my latest FS map...
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Doug,
            There is no way the fence will be removed. It prevents vehicles from entering the Cienaga area. You'll have to check it out in person and see what we mean. I'm not sure if any of the trail numbers were changed when the road was stopped at the Cienaga and at the Ironwood Campground. I can't find my latest FS map...
            So....then what exactly is the SBNF promising to open in exchange for Kurt dropping his appeal?

Comment

[QUOTE=FishPOET;219289]So....then what exactly is the SBNF promising to open in exchange for Kurt dropping
              Doug the road leading back to the cienega will remain open past the campground but the cienega itself is fenced off to prevent intrusion into the riparian area (wetland). The fence has nothing to do with the road.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

At one time 3N97 was open from 3N14 to 3N16.

3N97 through the cienega to Ironwood Campground was part of the Butler II fire closure.

The SBNF proposed to keep this closure permanent via legacy watershed

I am assuming Kurt is getting this section of the road from the campground to 3N16 back as exchange for dropping his appeal.

Comment

I will assume nothing. I have another phone meeting with Jodi soon so I will make sure I have an exact detail of what is remaining open. I do know they do not want the loop though, which doesn't make much sense...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                  X