This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: MK Annual Fun For All at Cougar Buttes - See new thread

October 18th,19th and 20th at Cougar Buttes.-----Trail Runs from Moderate to Extreme.-----Free Camping.

This is a way too show our Appreciation for all the work that Mike Koher has done designing all the trails at Cougar Buttes.

This will be the best run of the year at Cougar Buttes. So don't miss this run.

See Calendar link for sign up:
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...2013-10-18&c=1
    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-16-13, 09:18 AM. Reason: Added sign up
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

It’s on my calendar!

Comment

Will schedule Saturday of for the festivities

Comment

Count me in.
        Check out .

Comment

On my calendar for sure!!
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I appreciate MK for all the fun he's shown us . Will be there for Sat and Sun!
            Last edited by BigDouggieDoug; 07-08-13, 10:40 AM.
            [COLOR="#8B4513"]'07 FJ Cruiser / Trail Snail :[/COLOR] http://www.flickr.com/photos/100987726@N04/sets/72157635368968357/

Comment

Sounds like a blast Im in.
              I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

This will be alot of fun. Im in
                You can make it

Comment

Hopefully I am in for this! I am going to be placing an order for a new Marlin case so hopefully the FJ will be back in action for this. Going to need some epic wheeling since this unexpected mod killed my rubicon trip budget :thumbs_do

Comment

We know how that goes. I'm trying to get the JK trail ready. New front driveshaft coming tomorrow.

And there will be some epic wheeling to replace your Rubicon trip.

Comment

I am in and ready to leave behind some more fender paint!

Comment

Sounds great guys. This will be something you will always remember!
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I'm in as well, sounds like a great time.

Mike
                          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

We'll have more details on which trails and who will be leading the runs later on.
                            We'll most likely have several runs going simultaneously on Sat. with different trail leaders. I suspect there will also be a short night run on friday night.

The trails will vary in difficulty, so there will be a trail run for all levels - from stockish to modified. We may even do a mining run for those who just want to explore the desert.

We're thinking posting this event on some of the other local forums and inviting the 4x comminity to join in the fun. So mark this on your calenders and come out for the week end or just join for a day run.

I sure we'll have the new KH (KnuckleHead) trail done and open for the event as well. This run will consist of running Hammerdown then the new section and up the newish canyon we ran a month or so ago and back out the Hammerdown trail.

Of course the Hard Rock trail will be a popular choice as well as the Bullfrog and Cakewalk.

Should be fun - we'll pick a good cove in the camping area and there will be room for as many campers, motor homes and tents as would be needed. There is a concrete rest room in the camping area at the Cougar Buttes and fires are permitted.

Comment

The same rules for all MJR friends runs will apply for this event as well. Responsible 4 wheeling is alway required for all MJR runs. We want to have great fun and keep the trails open.
                              __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

C''mon out to the annual Cougar Buttes blast!

Well, it's finally here!

We cant wait to start all kinds of new traditions! Be there to make history!

(legal mumbo jumbo and CYA.):
                              This is NOT an MJR sponsored or organzied run. Thsi IS an awesome group of friends gathering to enhjoy a wonderful weekend in the desert together

Directions, CAMP LOCATION, trails, etc: http://binged.it/VrPZes From Camp Rock go north to Granite Rd, turn right and go about a mile to the Cougar Buttes OHV camping area on the right - follow signs to the MJR camp.

We will be camping in the Cougar Buttes to allow for a large group.

Communications beginning Friday after 5:00pm
                              CB: Channel 25
                              HAM Frequency:

SCHEDULE:
                              Morning Meet N Greet 8:00 AM, TBD - in camp somwhere.
                              General Driver's Meeting: About 8:45AM, or whenever everyone is done eating breakfast.
                              Stocker Runs: Driver's meeting to follow main meeting.
                              Duration: FRI night - SUN afternoon

Obvious things to mention:
                              BLM rangers will be present.
                              •Please stay ON the trail at all times.
                              •Absolutely NO DRINKING ON THE TRAIL, save it for after the run.
                              •PLEASE BRING FIREWOOD!
                              •TOW HOOKS/RECOVERY POINTS REQUIRED!
                              •PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: "COMMON TRAIL ETIQUITE POST!"
                              •Do not bring a tow strap with metal hooks!
                              •Portable toilets required - there is a concrete rest room at the Cougar Buttes.
                              •Please remember that we are not a club and this is not an organized event.

TRAIL RUNS:
                              Bullfrog
                              Cakewalk
                              Hard Rock
                              Hammerdown and beyond
                              Mine run ??

Requirements:
                              [1] Common Trail Courtesy
                              [2] Tow Hooks/Recovery Points
                              [3] This is not an organized run. You are responsible for yourself at all times.
                              [4] A lift and off road tires and lockers will be helpfull on most of the trails.

Sign the Roll Call/View Up-To-Date Info

==========

From the moderators: We have a zero tolerance policy for drinking on the trail, this also applies to getting drunk and going on a night run. Our trails are forever in danger of being closed and having a bunch of drunk Jeepers making a mess doesn't help matters. That being said, if anyone has a problem with this, don't bother joining us. In addition, if our mods/admin see anyone exhibiting the aforementioned behavior, we wont hesitate to ban said member. If it's a buddy of yours, not an MJR member, please keep track of your friends. I'd hate to hold you responsible for others actions. Also, please PLEASE try to stay single file on the trail and don't stray from the pack, if possible. Alot of offshoots may not be legal and therefore we need to respect that.
                              Last edited by JeepGal; 08-25-13, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X