Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cars in Mad Max were undeniably cool, but if the end of the world comes anytime soon, I'd want to behind the wheel of this thing!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• It is more of a work of art than anything.. simply beautiful.

Comment

• Can't wait to get this out on the trails! It is going to be great! It is a piece of art! Art that can get really dirty!

Comment

• Prepping the chassis and coating it with Mavcoat steel shield, finishing up the dash, filling all the fluids, going thru and checking all the bolts. Next mike has to do all the tin work, fit the hard top, doors, lightbar. Late yesterday we fired the engine for the first time. It sound amazing.

Comment

• Today we loaded it up and took it to Toys for Trucks in Hesperia for there first truck show.

Comment

• At the Toys for Trucks show I had my Jeep at Maximum Transmissions booth!

Comment

• Comment

• That trailer needs some racelines too.come on jeff youre slipping.lol

Comment

• On the way to offroad Expo on Friday.

Saturday at the Offroad Expo with Rugged Radios!

Comment

• I got to see your Jeep in person. Talk about eye candy...
                      And also all the lovely ladies sporting their new hardware... oh my.

Steve
                      Last edited by alittleoff; 10-04-15, 06:03 PM.
                      All slow and no show

Comment

• damn, I was at the expo yesterday... I missed it. I am sure it was buried behind the admiring crowd!

Comment

• It was between buildings 4 & 6! It was fun hearing what people thought of it.

Comment

• I spent the day removing the Mavcoat Steel Shield from all the raw steel on the Jeep. After the Mavcoat was applied in the chassis started getting surface rust in less than a week. So I went out scotchbrited and cleaned and re-applied more Mavcoat and in less than a week lots more surface rust. So today I whipped down the chassis with lacquer thinner and scotchbrited and coated it with Sharkhide. I will post some pictures tomorrow of the rust.

Comment

• A couple of weeks ago I prepped the chassis by scotchbriting, cleaning with lacquer thinner and wiped with a clean cloth then applied Mavcoat Steel Shield. In less than a week everything had light surface rust. So I went out re cleaned and applied more Mavcoat and again in less than a week of sitting in the shop more surface rust. So I re cleaned and applied Sharkhide! So I will see how this works.

I do not recommend Mavcoat! Also the Mavcoat leaves a real tacky residue!

These pictures are after all the chromoly had been treated with Mavcoat.

Comment

• I do like the look of the raw yet "clean" steel... however if that doesn't work... I am mildly biased however I feel your Jeep will look amazing in Rustoleum Hammered Finish Black....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...0-23&sp=-1&sk=

just remember to clear it after so the sun doesn't make it crack... ask me how I know

Comment

Working...
                                X