Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
    What did they find wrong?
    When I talked to him on the phone I had no idea what he was talking about. I don't know crap about transmissions.I will have him explane it to me again.

Something got hot, failed and blocked one of the fluid ports!

Comment

• Originally posted by RallyeX View Post
      When I talked to him on the phone I had no idea what he was talking about. I don't know crap about transmissions.I will have him explane it to me again.

Something got hot, failed and blocked one of the fluid ports!
      Understand. At least he found the issue and I bet you will have years of fun and no issues. Hope to meet you out at KOH. I had seen the rig at Mike's place some time ago and it really looked awesome.
      Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
        Understand. At least he found the issue and I bet you will have years of fun and no issues. Hope to meet you out at KOH. I had seen the rig at Mike's place some time ago and it really looked awesome.
        When are going to KOH? We will be there from Jan 28th to Feb 6th in the afternoon. If the Jeep has no problems we will have it and our white Ford Raptor. We will be just past the bridge on the left.

Comment

• Started putting it back together yesterday. Its almost finished. Should have it running tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by RallyeX View Post
            When are going to KOH? We will be there from Jan 28th to Feb 6th in the afternoon. If the Jeep has no problems we will have it and our white Ford Raptor. We will be just past the bridge on the left.
            I plan to get there on the 29th and probably leave the following Sat or Sun. I will also be near you. I would guess we have a group of 6-8 buggies. We should be able to say hi. I have an Alpine Coach motorhome with an enclosed trailer. My buggy is in my avatar.
            Rich

Comment

• Had a nice 12 hr day today getting everything done. I also installed some Lux rock lights. All I have to do tomorrow is fluids, double check everything, start and test drive it. Then install the grill, hood and passenger seat.

Comment

• Its all finished. Seems to be running good. Drove it around town for 1hr. Trans temp gage was 175 and the line out of the trans was 185 and the line out of the cooler was 150. No leaks that I can see and nothing dripping on the garage floor. No all we have to do is get the motorhome packed. We are going to KOH on this Thursday. Looking forward to see how it runs!

Comment

• Hah, I bet you get some looks driving that thing around
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• happy to hear.. that is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                      Hah, I bet you get some looks driving that thing around
                      Like this guy did the other day in San Deigo....I here he's in jail now
                      https://instagram.com/p/BA_e9iUJa7f/
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Got to spend quite a bit of time looking over Jeff's rig today. I had seen it about a year ago. It is really awesome. Should be in an art gallery.
                        Rich

Comment

• We had a great time at King of the Hammers for 11 days. The Jeep runs really good , plenty of power and fast. We have a few teething problems but I am getting that sorted out. The 1st problem was on the first Saturday we were there the battery behind the drivers seat broke loose and punched a hole in the oil filter and it lost about 10 arts of oil. Took it back to the builder that day and he had it fixed asap. We where not able to do shock tunning so we could only drive it so hard in the pumps or it would bottom out in the rear. The main problem is the built Turbo 400 tranny is running a constant 240 degrees while running around the desert. I didn't get it in the rocks yet. I didn't want to get the trans to hot running slow thru the rocks. Right now the trans lines runs back to a cooler in back. So yesterday I took my radiator to CBR and I am having them cut off one of the end tanks and adding a heat exchanger and adding -20 an fittings for the coolant lines and -8 for the trans lines. I will also move the cooler in the rear up higher.

Comment

• After KOH clean up!

Also removing the a/c and heater, re-routing some wiring and moving the air cleaner to under the dash where the a/c was. Also moving the spare tire mount farther back.

Comment

• Tearing into it and changing things after having all that work done? Yep, still a Jeep!
                              God forgives, rocks don't
                              -sons of thunder

Comment

• Just fine tuning!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X