X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That turned out nice.....very nice.
    Rich

Comment

• Got the Jeep back but having some problems with the Turbo400 trans. At idle it gets up to 125dg and no leak.Then after 20 mins of driving the temp goes up to over 200 and thats with the cooler fan on. When I check the trans has leaked quit a bit of tranny fluid out. Looks like its coming from the pump area or Torq converter. Any ideas?

Comment

• I have the Jeep back. It dyno'd at 580 hp at the crank and 390 at the wheels. Now I only have one problem. When the engine is idling the trans gets up to 125 degrees with the cooler fan on. Then when I drive it for about 20 minutes with cooler fan on the temp goes up to 230+ and it starts leaking fluid. Looks like it is coming from the pump or torq converter. Any ideas???

Comment

• Since your PM's are full, how about this?

An other option is get it to my house tomorrow and come pickup the trans on Tuesday night

Comment

• I have the Jeep back. It dyno'd at 580 hp at the crank and 390 at the wheels. Now I only have one problem. When the engine is idling the trans gets up to 125 degrees with the cooler fan on. Then when I drive it for about 20 minutes with cooler fan on the temp goes up to 230+ and it starts leaking fluid. The tranny is pumping fluid from the inlet and outlet. So no flow.

Comment

• Started getting everything ready to remove the motor and trans. Should have it out tomorrow. Trying to get this up and running to take to KOH in 14 days!

Comment

• Day 2 of engine and tranny removal. It only took me 18 hours with no help. No the fun part is going to be putting it back together.

The end of day 1

Day 2

Comment

• that's pretty cool you took the time and have the skill to remove it on your own. I am curious why you didn't have the guys who built it work on it. I know you paid them a lot and you shouldn't be having any issues this soon. Did the builder not offer to fix it?

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                    that's pretty cool you took the time and have the skill to remove it on your own. I am curious why you didn't have the guys who built it work on it. I know you paid them a lot and you shouldn't be having any issues this soon. Did the builder not offer to fix it?

Since the builder didn't build the trans he wanted $1750.00 to remove then re-install. So I went and bought a cherry picker, transmission jack, a few hand tools I needed. Spent about $480. Now I have everything for the next time. It wasn't to bad to pull everything. Today I took the transmission to the shop that built it and it will be done Monday evening. I am picking it up Tuesday morning. Going to try to have back up and running by next Sunday. I also have to install some Lux rock lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by RallyeX View Post
                      Since the builder didn't build the trans he wanted $1750.00 to remove then re-install. So I went and bought a cherry picker, transmission jack, a few hand tools I needed. Spent about $480. Now I have everything for the next time. It wasn't to bad to pull everything. Today I took the transmission to the shop that built it and it will be done Monday evening. I am picking it up Tuesday morning. Going to try to have back up and running by next Sunday. I also have to install some Lux rock lights.
                      Just curious if the trans shop has a dyno so you know it works before installing? Would not be fun to take it apart again. If the trans shop built it in the first place, are they comping you some how?
                      Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                        Just curious if the trans shop has a dyno so you know it works before installing? Would not be fun to take it apart again. If the trans shop built it in the first place, are they comping you some how?

They are working with me! I'm happy!

Comment

• Hope you get the issue figured out!

next time you have to pull the motor, it'll go alot faster. The first time I pulled the motor in my Willys, it took me about a whole week just to get the motor out (which for me means removing the radiator, fenders, and some other stuff too).

Now it probably only takes a good weekend to pull it, do what I need to do, then put it back in if I were pressed for time. Otherwise, I'd let it drag out for a few more days, I like to work slow, lol! It still takes just as long to do everything, I just spend more time goofing off, taking brakes, doing other things now.
                          Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-16-16, 11:43 PM.
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• All I can say is WOW... So how much did you spent for the overall build of it?

Comment

• Got the trans back today and I will start to put it back together on Thursday!

Comment

• What did they find wrong?
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X