Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    It can be a faster process if done at AAA Automobile club of Southern California.
    Hmmm, I'll give them a call - thanks!

Comment

Definitely if you have any DMV tasks that you need to take care of, try am AAA office. little to no lines, and alot more pleasant than a DMV office :-D AAA cannot do everything that a DMV can do, but they can do alot. It's worth calling them to see if they can!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

This is killing me, still no jeep. The shop that was working on it took it out for a shakedown run and end ended up ripping the rear brake caliper from the axle.

But, I did get a few more pics.

https://www.facebook.com/15311840140.../?l=fa3d8af531

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...29846592708490
        Last edited by Trailabite; 01-12-15, 01:34 PM.

Comment

It rips fer sure

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Looks like the shop is having a great time while you pay them to wheel your rig.

Kidding of course. I'm sure they're making sure everything is in good working order as they should. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun when you get it back.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

^At least somebody gets to enjoy it lol. If everything goes right I will be picking it up at KOH.

Comment

That would be sweet, great place to shake er down good

Comment

Well, this should be interesting. I'm leaving sometime next Friday to head to MO and pick up my jeep and then driving straight back to KOH, hopefully, in time to watch the shoot out Monday night.

Comment

Made it to KOH, but was not able to get my jeep. I have been here for 8 months now with no jeep.
                    Last edited by Trailabite; 02-16-15, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailabite View Post
                      Made it to KOH, but was not able to get my jeep. I have been year for 8 months now with no jeep.
                      I can relate, I sold my Jeep 2 years ago. It was a tough choice, house or Jeep. Still undecided on if I made the right choice.
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Well, I gave AAA a call and asked if they could do a title transfer and inspect my jeep and the lady said sure, but you need to be a member. So I got transferred to someone else that does the memberships. Became a member and called back to schedule an appointment. The girl asked me a few questions about the year, prices and how much tax I paid, gave her all of the info and she says give me a minute to get this scheduled. A few minutes goes by and she comes back and says, "Sorry, we can't process your title, because it's from out of state and an off-road only". If it already had a sticker they could do it or if it was a regular street legal vehicle they could do it. But hey, I'm still a member of AAA! lol. I guess I get to take a day off work and spend it at the DMV........

Comment

Doh! Ahh well, it was worth a try I guess.
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Well, it looks like my stay in SoCal was short lived. I'm leaving the company that I have been with for almost 23 years and moving to San Francisco. At least I got to meet a few of you here and was able to enjoy a few trips out in JV and the Buttes (thanks Art and Fred).

Comment

Well, it looks like my stay in SoCal was short lived. I'm leaving the company that I have been with for almost 23 years and moving to San Francisco. At least I got to meet a few of you here and was able to enjoy a few trips out in JV and the Buttes (thanks Art and Fred).
                              Wow! Congrats! Lots of good wheeling in the northern half of the state too.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

We'll miss you on the trail Chuck and Sherry. You two are a blast to wheel with

Comment

Working...
                                X