Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca ccw

Have any of you been applying and successfully attaining your CCW in light of the Peruta v. San Diego case?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Few people I know have been receiving letters stating they wont have a yes or no answer till 2016. I dont think ANYONE who has applied after the recent court hearings has heard an answer back.
    www.RuggedJeep.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

They are getting them in kings county. I am going to apply next week.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I thought there was a 90 day response requirement.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Not sure about 90 days. They are taking apps and all you need is self defense as a reason.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Yes, there is a 90 day response requirement. Responding by telling you they will get to it in 2016 might qualify as a response, I'm really not sure. I haven't filed for one yet, it appears that the total cost with training is about $800-1000. I am a couple grand short of that right now....
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

The cost is way too high. All they should do is run a quick criminal back gound check on the computer and in a couple of minutes they'll know if your record is clean and issue the permit. 1/2 hour at the most....
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                The cost is way too high. All they should do is run a quick criminal back gound check on the computer and in a couple of minutes they'll know if your record is clean and issue the permit. 1/2 hour at the most....
                [COLOR="#800000"]It's how they attempt to keep guns out of the hands of people they consider "unsavory characters". Make the cost out of their reach. Unfortunately this only creates criminals.[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

So I applied for my interview here in Orange County. The Interview is a preliminary step. The OC Sheriff has a good website on this:
                  http://ocsd.org/about/info/services/ccw

My initial interview date was Sept 2017. Yes, 3 years 8 months from date of request. Ouch. Since then, it has steadily moved up, and currently slotted for May 2015, with every expectation to have it done and over with by this Sept. They've been staffing up and processing the interviews much faster than initially.

TreadLightly Trainer
                  HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                    So I applied for my interview here in Orange County. The Interview is a preliminary step. The OC Sheriff has a good website on this:
                    http://ocsd.org/about/info/services/ccw

My initial interview date was Sept 2017. Yes, 3 years 8 months from date of request. Ouch. Since then, it has steadily moved up, and currently slotted for May 2015, with every expectation to have it done and over with by this Sept. They've been staffing up and processing the interviews much faster than initially.
                    Wow, that's really sad.

With elections next week, make sure to vote for sheriff!! (and get rid of that guy)

San Bernardino County has a constitutional sheriff running - Paul Schrader.
                    http://www.sheriffpaul2014.com

He will turn the county to shall-issue!!!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                      Wow, that's really sad.

With elections next week, make sure to vote for sheriff!! (and get rid of that guy)

San Bernardino County has a constitutional sheriff running - Paul Schrader.
                      http://www.sheriffpaul2014.com

He will turn the county to shall-issue!!!
                      Surprisingly, no one is running against the lady that took Sheriff Corona's spot when he went to jail.

TreadLightly Trainer
                      HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Working...
                      X