Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a bunch of us that would be willing to help you with navigating around on a smartphone Curtis. We can compare notes at IDTT if you like.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Great, Thanks.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Looks like Apple may have finally listened to its customers. Just saw on the news this morning that that iPhone 6 will have a larger 5.5" screen. It's due out mid 2014. Heard this rumor before?
        Check out .

Comment

The Galaxy S5 is now available for pre-order through AT&T. Just ordered mine.
          Check out .

Comment

I bought the Galaxy S4 a couple of months ago and I like it. I am amazed at how good the photos turn out and the video is pretty nice. These new phones have so many features I wonder if anyone knows all of them. Add in apps and it is scary how much power these new phones have. I search for how to videos every so often to learn more.

As far as GPS I still use my Garmin's, unless it is just looking for street addresses, where the phone works well. Nice to have a moving spot to follow on the phone map. Lots of folk in my club have gone to tablets and mount them in their Jeeps for off road travel.
            Rich

Comment

I too have the S4. Have had it about a yr now and it's AWESOME... Ive never been on the Apple bandwagon with anything and don't really understand all the hype. The S4 takes AMAZING photo's and has awesome features. You can take gif photo's like this one.. .. you can take pictures when an object is running by and blend it so it looks like 5 of the same objects are there. AWESOME HD videos. The zoom is AMAZING..
              Some of the features I don't like: you cant take a pic while on the phone.
              You can't take very good close up pics. At least I havent been able to figure it out if you can. Ive had phones do better

Night shots are crazy good. Its strange how it can filter in light to make a night shot work. Not sure if the S5 which is coming out very soon is any better or just hype. The S4 is more than enough in features.
              The talk to text feature is flawless. I use the app Scout for my navigation and it works well. There are wonderful apps to download for gps plotting . Over all , its the best phone I've ever had... How's that for an opinion?
              btw the pic i attached is much better on the phone and over other upload sites. That's a photobucket attachment and they lower the quality of the image ..
              Another cool thing about the S4 is the processor speed. When you take a picture, you cant move your finger fast enough to cause lag when you move your finger to the button to view the photo. As soon as you hit the button the still pops up and it's already processed.
              There are simply to many features of this phone to go over and I actually turn almost all of them off just to save battery life. When doing so, battery life lasts about a full day if you dont sit there and text and take pics and go online. If you turn off your volume and put it on airplane mode, it lasts about a day and a 1/2. Big machines take alot of juice so you will find yourself charging it quite often.
              Last edited by brokenujoint; 03-30-14, 06:52 AM.
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

What about the HTC-1 or the new HTC-m8 ?
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                  That's pretty cool. How'd you do it?
                  Check out .

Comment

So why is the HTC-m8 better than the galaxy 5s ?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      So why is the HTC-m8 better than the galaxy 5s ?
                      Who said that? I showed you my tab. The phone would be pretty much the same. Awesome.
                      Check out .

Comment

I like the Samsung but Mike said the the 5S might be to much for me. So just looking at other options. So my question is what do you like or don't like about the HTC- m8?
                        Last edited by curtis; 04-01-14, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Then get the S4. Great discounts on it right now with the S5 coming out. I never used the new HTC so I can't really comment.
                          Check out .

Comment

We'll check it out,thanks.

Comment

How many GB do you guys use a month?

Comment

I'm on WiFi mostly (at home/work), but use maps, and streaming music when in the car to/from work and only use 400Mb-700Mb per month according to my bill. I have a plan with a 2Gb limit. If you're not typically somewhere with WiFi, that's when you'll need to worry.
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X