Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Sherwin Creek, Mammoth Lakes CA - July 4th

I have been invited to spend 4th of July Weekend in the Sherwin Creek area and I'm thinking about taking tha Jeep. Can anyone give me the heads up about jeeping in this area????

Originally posted by RonR. View Post
    I have been invited to spend 4th of July Weekend in the Sherwin Creek area and I'm thinking about taking tha Jeep. Can anyone give me the heads up about jeeping in this area????
    Nothing right there, but a short drive South is Wheeler Ridge and Rock Creek, and Laurel Lakes, and Coyote Flats. Wheeler is 4 wheel drive up at the top, Laurel Lakes might be but probably just two wheel drive, Not sure about Rock Creek up past the Wheeler Ridge cut off since I never been, but I'm sure its cool. Never been up to Laurel Lakes but there are threads on here about it and it looks spectacular.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wheeler Ridge is marginally a 4wd trail. Low range helps due to altitude, and one long steep climb but it's a very pretty drive. Similar for Laurel Lakes. You can also go up to Minaret Vista which starts out right at the entrance to Devil's Postpile national monument. None of those trails are hard core, but all are scenic and definitely worth doing. I did Wheeler Ridge two years ago, and it was heavily overgrown, so be prepared for some righteous pin-striping.

The fireworks at Lake Crawley are pretty good. We go every year...in the family truckster. No offroading this trip.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by RonR. View Post
        I was up there last week, camped at Sherwin Creek. You can make it to Laurel Lakes, it is worth the trip for the view.

Comment

Working...
        X