Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Shocks Charged

I am in need of a place to get my air shocks charged. Does anybody know of a place, preferrably, near Long Beach, that will charge them?

Thanks Joe
    It was like that when I got here.

With N2 or air?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
      I am in need of a place to get my air shocks charged. Does anybody know of a place, preferrably, near Long Beach, that will charge them?

Thanks Joe
      Your best bet is to buy a bottle of nitrogen, a regulator and a connecting valve for the air shocks. So you can dial your right height to your liking.

Comment

N2. Rat.

I thought about that. But I don't have a way to lift one end of the zuk off the ground, at a time.

Comment

It's good to have a bottle since it's a guessing game to get your ride height where you want it. The hook up for most air shocks requires a special little fitting. This stuff escapes quick if you try to fill it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            It's good to have a bottle since it's a guessing game to get your ride height where you want it. The hook up for most air shocks requires a special little fitting. This stuff escapes quick if you try to fill it any other way.
            Yeah, I saw the set up today. I took my buggy to Off Road Evolution. The shop manager just wanted me out of there as fast as possible. He just wanted his guy to set them at 150psi and send me on my way. He didn't want to take any time to make sure it was right, or I was happy. Was very dissatisfied with there service. When I got home I noticed my shocks were worse the before I took it to them.
            Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 06-28-14, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
              Yeah, I saw the set up today. I took my buggy to Off Road Evolution. The shop manager just wanted me out of there as fast as possible. He just wanted his guy to set them at 150psi and send me on my way. He didn't want to take any time to make sure it was right, or I was happy. Was very dissatisfied with there service. When I got home I noticed my shocks were worse the before I took it to them.
              Yourn air shocks most likely take more pressure than that. 150 is ok for coilovers with remotes . But way low for air shocks

Comment

I did a bit of reading. Seems like 250 -275 is a good place to start.

Comment

You have to play with it some, put to much it gets to tall and starts unloading badly. Going to take you some trail and error.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    You have to play with it some, put to much it gets to tall and starts unloading badly. Going to take you some trail and error.
                    Well played Art
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

If you were in the San Diego area I could take em to my job. I have several 6,000 lb Nitrogen bottles used for aircraft hydraulic accumulators. Wouldn't be a problem at all. Just got done doing my bilsteins.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

What about just purchasing it online and install it diy style. I bought my airlift from 4 Wheel Online delivered after 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                        X