Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newb

Newb here from Idaho. Just found the site today. Looking forward to communicating with you guys and gals.
    Here's a pic of my LJ.

Loving wife and loving grandson who loves to Jeep. He says all the Jeeps are his Hagerman, Idaho.Semi-retired, Volunteer firefighter L2.

Welcome to MJR!! You found the best Jeepin' site on the www. Sweet looking Jeep! Give us the details on any and all upgrades & mods!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Wow, that's a nice Jeep.

Comment

Thanks guys. My family and I are Jeepers for life. I got the desease when I was 16 and they have yet to find a cure? By the way, I own three Jeeps. Going to sell the 1992 mj if you are interested.

My LJ is almost done. Been a labor of love and being pissed off.
        Here is a pic getting her all straight.

Early build pics.

Here are a few my wife's TJ. That's not her driving!

Loving wife and loving grandson who loves to Jeep. He says all the Jeeps are his Hagerman, Idaho.Semi-retired, Volunteer firefighter L2.

Comment

I forgot. Here are some specs.
          LJ,
          Roc-jocks (should have went with spydertracs 9") Currie sucks at service! JMHO
          4 speed Atlas
          Kings
          Shop built lift
          1" body lift
          Genrite fenders, tank.
          AEV hood
          Hydro assist, will be going full soon.
          Shop built roll cage
          42 MTR's
          Bunch of other junk!

This Jeeps sits very low to have 42's. That is why the frame in notched. Also cut the frame is the rear and raised it 1" to meet with the body lift in the middle.
          Last edited by hes4all; 07-06-14, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You can check out some of our Jeeping videos at http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...erman+wheelers

Comment

Nicely built LJ, if you street drive still, you might want to stay away from full hydro. You can ask my Bud Fred how he feels about it.
              Went from hydro assist to full hydro and back to custom steering with hydro assist. Hydro assist work well for me with 40's

Comment

Yes I do drive on the street. I go back and forth with it each week. I do like the mechanical connection with the assist that is good if something would go bad on the full hydro. But I also like the room the full hydro gives you and I like to drive to the trails most of the time if not more than hour away!

Comment

Full hydro gets pretty sketchy at highway speeds. I am at 111" wheelbase run hydro assist, have 6" uptravel up front and run about 4" lift.
                  My wheelin bud Fred pushed the front axle even further forward and after not liking the fullhydro on the street built a pretty slick hydro assist setup using a bellcrank. There are ways to get it done. You raised the front of the frame for extra room which is a good start

Comment

Holy Jeep! Sweet looking rig and welcome to MJR.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome! Nice looking jeep
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Nice lookin rigs you have there. Welcome aboard![/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Damn nice LJ. That rocks! Welcome to MJR
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

needs more scratches and dents :wink:
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

aw12345, I have messed with full hydro for years now and I unfortunately know of the "dartiness" that can come with it. I also do know that there has been some good improvements on the orbital valves over the last few years so will see. Right now I'm just gunna wheel it the way it is.

As for the scratches and dents, they are coming real soon. Spending two weeks in Colorado the end of July into August!

USMC 0369. Thanks for the comment and thanks you for your service. Hoorah!

Comment

Working...
                              X