Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good to know. I don't believe they messed with the drive shaft, though I'm pretty certain a new front shaft will be needed after it pounding on the bottom of the Jeep till I could get stopped.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

Well, Art you sir did indeed call it! Finally got some progress made on my Jeep and the centering ball for the front did indeed seize up. Got an Atlas coming, just got in some control arm skids, bolt in cage, and programmer today. Sadly Atlas has about a 4 week lead time right now though. Arg.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

If you look closely on the double cardan joint, you may not see a zerk fitting, but the kind of fitting that you use a needle to grease them. You may have to pull the driveshaft off to get at them, Kevin.

Comment

Thank you. I didn't know about this type of zero fitting prior to this. Good learning experience though. Guess I need a different grease gun.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

I don't know what type of grease gun you have, but all you need is an adapter tip, gotten at most auto stores. Scotty just had his Cardan replaced and I mention that it was to bad there wasn't a way to grease it. Then Bruce at High Desert Driveline pointed it out to me. , Kevin

Comment

Chris, they look like a 3/8 hex head with a bowl cut into the top and it has the ball in the center. The cup helps to guide the tip of the adapter to push the ball in to accept grease. Most auto parts places used to carry the adapter, but now most only have the needle type which is useless for this application. mcmaster-carr has them for about $15.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

Ahh. Good info to know. My control arms have this fitting too. When I first saw it I thought it was just a blank off for the zerk. Now I know. Guess I'll have to get on McMaster, love that site. Maybe a bit spendy on some things, but great selection.
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Well. Had the Jeep back fire a week or so. Having an atlas is awesome. I'm going to be doing a few other odds and end before I go wheeling on Thanksgiving weekend. The new t case break in is complete and now I just have to drain out the fluids. Shifting the atlas is s little weird given the need to be rolling to soft into 4 or 2 low.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Sorry fir typos. My phone hates me
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                    X