Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep is filled up, see Y'all in the morning

Comment

packed and ready to go, see yall at the trail head!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Jeep is ready to go play. Looking forward to seeing Y'all.

Comment

Well, I ended up not getting there on time, I was about 30 minutes late, so we missed yall! I hope yall didn't wait at the trail head to long for me, sorry about that, I'm usually early instead of late! And Kurt, I didn't get your message until later in the day, hope you didn't stick around to long.

But, we still had fun wheeling. Passed up a group on Gold Mountain, and linked up with a lone jeep to form a group of 3 jeeps. We then hit John Bull, where we passed another group that had some driveshaft issues. Then helped a bronco get un-wedged from a position (was having carburetor problems off camber). Then putted around finding our way back to the 18, then got some supper at the Hacienda Grill. Holy cow, their portions are huge, way to much! But, I have lunch for tomorrow out of it too Then went home. Great day!

I've got some maintenance items to do on my jeep, I've got a squeeking sound (squeek squeek squeek, particularly when I turn sharp while driving slow or coast in gear) which seems to be louder now after this trip. And my clutch sensor went out I think. On the first ledge of gold mountain, I stalled it, then went to punch in the clutch to back down a bit, and the clutch pedal flopped to the floor and swung there back and forth. Fortunately, it was just the push rod that popped out of the plunger, so I put it back in there and haven't had problem since. But, I can only start the jeep in low range, not high. LOL So I imagine that whatever happeend to make the pushrod pop out, is related to the sensor going out, maybe the sensor is just unplugged, I'll dig into it tomorrow after work.

Oh and I broke a hood latch.

Sorry I couldn't meet you Jason, maybe next time you're here out west

How many jeepers does it take to figure out why my jeep doesn't start? 3, apparently.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 08-18-14, 12:25 AM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Sorry that we missed you Daniel! Based on your post, it looks like you were not too far behind us. We were only slightly ahead of the driveshaft problem guys on JB.

I hate that we missed you, but I am glad that you had a good time in the mountains. I'll post a thread on the Report forum. I hope that you post up your pics and adventures there too!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

No worries Mike, any day on the trails is better than one that's not on the trails ;-) Our fault for being late.

We only hoped that yall didn't stick around to much waiting for us. We gave up chasing after the group after we hit the first group in front of us. Fortunately they were just resting for lunch a little bit after, and we buggered on passed them. But we agreed to just have a good wheeling time, rather than try to hurry up fast and try to find yall.

So, did yall leave the burrito on JB? hah
              Last edited by daniel_buck; 08-18-14, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                No worries Mike, any day on the trails is better than one that's not on the trails ;-) Our fault for being late.

We only hoped that yall didn't stick around to much waiting for us. We gave up chasing after the group after we hit the first group in front of us. Fortunately they were just resting for lunch a little bit after, and we buggered on passed them. But we agreed to just have a good wheeling time, rather than try to hurry up fast and try to find yall.

So, did yall leave the burrito on JB? hah

Ha! Yes! The burrito was Nicks I think!
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

oh hell. haha

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Thanks for the great run Mike! Barb & I had a great time. Gotta look at my cooling system to keep the ole girl cool on those steep climbs. It was great to meet kiwi jeepers!!

My poor burrito...
                    [/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X