Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Monache Meadow

My daughter Collette, her boyfriend Daniel (AlgerZJ) and myself headed for Monache Meadow on Wednesday morning at 10am. It was originally scheduled as a memorial trip for a friend (Jeff Lawrence) that passed last year in August. His wife Vicky and their son were going to attend. Monache Meadow was his Jeff's favorite spot. Life intervened and Vicky had to cancel at the last minute and the rest of the group decided to postpone the trip. Daniel had already taken vacation days and we decided to press on.

We stopped for lunch and gas in Ridgecrest and we were in camp at 5pm. We had the place to ourselves.

On Thursday we hiked upstream to the dam and beyond.

We wanted to get a better view so went went up. 1000' up from the Kern River.

Chillaxin in the river after the long hike.

Fishin' on Thursday afternoon.

to be continued....
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

On Friday we drove most of the spurs in the area.

Shaffer Meadow

An old cabin that now belongs to the USFS

View from the cabin

On Saturday we walked downstream to the airport.

Camp

We broke camp this morning at 9am. Back in Ridgecrest for gas and lunch at noon. Home at 3pm. The weather couldn't have been any better. Another fantastic adventure in the Inyo and Sequoia National Forests.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Looks like some seriously good family bonding time Doug and great pics to boot

Comment

Looks like a great trip! But I didn't see any fish in any of those pics. How was the fishing?
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Looks like a great trip! But I didn't see any fish in any of those pics. How was the fishing?
          The water is really low and not a fish was caught.

Comment

That's really cool you and your daughter enjoy the outdoors/camping together. What a fun way to spend time together. She has a really cool Dad...except when Dad puts her to work making trophies!

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
              The water is really low and not a fish was caught.
              Yeah it is! That photo of you guys walking across the dam is almost unrecognizable as the same place I was at a few years ago. We need copious amounts of rain!

Did you replace the black pearl?
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                Did you replace the black pearl?
                Nope. I have the Black Pearl and a WJ.

Comment

Working...
                X