Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: MJR Adopt-A-Trail open house run

It's time again for another MJR work day on Holcomb Creek Trail, 3N93. If you would like to come out to see what we are doing and to get involved with adopt-a-trail, please visit the link below to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will be glad to answer them. There are varying levels of work involved so don't think that you can't do it because you can't lift heavy objects or run a winch or whatever. Everyone can find something to do to help out and we are always happy to teach volunteers what needs to be done. We have a lot of fun, and the feeling of accomplishment when we're done is pretty good. Come on out, for one day or for the weekend. Like I said, I'll give you all the info you need. Just let me know.

Thanks!

3N93 Pinchon Workday Weekend

[COLOR=#333333]3N93 Pinchon Workday.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]I have Danny Bogner and the SWECO bulldozer scheduled to come drag the roadbed for us on Saturday Oct. 11. We will spend most of that day getting the bulldozer in and out of the trail as well as doing the fine finish work to the road bed prior to installation of the first layers of wood and rocks. Sunday will be spent getting the roadbed to a condition that is driveable and the roadbed will not be to badly damaged by traffic. If all goes smoothly we may even have most of the road bed laid down by COB Sunday. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A secondary task, if enough volunteers can show up is to work on the v-cut washout on the shelf road entrance to the East Gate Keeper. That will require a gabion or two to be installed and that will be for another work weekend, but hopefully we can get some rocks in the notch to slow down the erosion until then. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Dates: Saturday, October 11-12[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Meeting place: Fawnskin (North Shore Cafe)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Meeting Time: 9:00AM (come early for Breakfast[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Safety meeting at Fawnskin after breakfast[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Bring PPE (steel toe boots, hard hats, gloves, hearing protection, long sleeve shirts and pants. Bring lunch and plenty of water.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]Will need Jeeps that can pull trailers, and those that have trailers that are willing to bring them please do. Will need shovles, picks, rock bars. I'll get some of all of these at the tool shed. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]If you want to camp, let me know and I'll see if Greg can help us with a campsite. If not possibly YP sites at Little Bear. Or hotels. If you can only come one day please do. The more the merrier.[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...2014-10-11&c=4
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

I'm working that weekend. Of course...it never works out for me.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]I'll post up on the [COLOR="#0000FF"]FB page[/COLOR] to expect delays on the trail the weekend of work.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="#800000"]I'll post up on the [COLOR="#0000FF"]FB page[/COLOR] to expect delays on the trail the weekend of work.[/COLOR]
        Saw that. Thanks.

Comment

Well, we didn't have anyone come out this weekend from the general forum, but we got a huge project completed and it was a blast. I'll post up pics and short write up of what we did in the next few days. Thanks to all the MJR volunteers that did show up. A small group accomplished a huge amount of work and had a lot of fun doing it.

Comment

Yes we did and there always room for more volunteers. The more the better and we do have fun at the same time (thanks Ryan for the muddy water splash) ��

Comment

Working...
            X