Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Panamint Valley Days Nov.7-9.

Hello guys,
    I am sending out an invite to all of you at MJR to come to Panamint Valley this year. It is a great event with great scenery, fun trails of all levels, and amazing sunsets. I will be a trail guide again this year on Cummins Cut Off, and lead the mining trip. I am going to skip the hardcore run Saturday and do a fun scenic trail Saturday and Sunday. I am heading up Thursday. We also bring out skeet shooting and shotguns too.We had a blast shooting last year. My friend Art will be the main guide on Isham Canyon on Saturday for the hardcore group. I hope some of you can make it. It is really fun and great history to see and beautiful scenery. I am not going to run Isham Canyon since I have experienced that trail enough. You can see my friend Eric and I camping on the cover on the Panamint page and there is videos of my friend Brennan and I on the page as well on Isham Canyon. You can sign up there or sign up on line. They have a great raffle and lots of cool prizes. The dates are November 7-9th. I am staying Sunday and doing Jail Canyon trail which leads to a great historic mining town still in tact. I have a Yellow LJ now.

Thanks,

Kevin
    http://www.cal4wheel.com/panamint-valley-days

Last edited by Red rubicon; 10-17-14, 07:11 AM.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin,
    I'm going to put this on my calendar. Jail Canyon sounds interesting, haven't been up there in a few years.

Mike
    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
      Thanks for the heads up Kevin,
      I'm going to put this on my calendar. Jail Canyon sounds interesting, haven't been up there in a few years.

Mike
      Cool we will be camping near the main event site, but I am not sure where yet but I have a Yellow LJ with tube fenders. If you make join me on Cummins Cut Off Friday. It is a great trail. Isham is fun too but much harder than in the past. My car trailer has MJR stickers on the fenders.

Comment

These are the runs for the trip.
        Plans for trail runs:

Friday Nov 7:

Cummin Cutoff/Defense Mine - Run leaders: Art Stine (Madhatters 4x4), Kevin Maedel (MyJeepRocks). Leaves 9am
        Defense Mine - Run leaders: (tbd) - Leaves 8am
        Jail Canyon - Run leader: Jack Brown (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 10am
        Lookout City Sunset Run - Run leader: Terry Burton (High Desert Four Wheelers) - Leaves 2pm
        Pleasant Canyon - Run leader: Jerry Grimsley (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 8am
        Snow Canyon - Run leader: Dick Sims (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 10am
        South Park to Briggs Cabins - Run leader: Jim Kenney (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 9am

Saturday Nov 8:

Cummins Cutoff/Defense Mine - Run leader: Joe Torres (San Diego 4 Wheelers) - Leaves 8:30am
        Defense Mine - Run leader: Jack Brown (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 10am
        Goler Wash/Mengle Pass - Run leader: Gary Luckeroth (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 8am
        Isham Canyon - Run leader: Art Stine (Madhatters 4x4) - Leaves 8am
        Jackpot Canyon - Run leader: Jim Kenney (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 8:30am
        Slate Range Crossing Historic Run - Run leader: (tbd) - Leaves 9:30am
        Snow Canyon - Run leader: (tbd) - Leaves 9am
        Cummins Night run - Run leader: Art Stine (Madhatters 4x4) - Leaves (after raffle is done). Tentative - depends on having sufficiently equipped group.

Sunday Nov 9 (informal runs):

Keystone/Goler Gulch - Run leader: Jim Kenney (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 9am
        Jail Canyon - Run leader: Jack Brown (Gear Grinders) - Leaves 10am
        Slate Range Crossing Historic Run - Run leader: (tbd) - Leaves (tbd)

Comment

Kevin, is the bridge above Briggs cabin going to be open to make the complete loop?

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
            Kevin, is the bridge above Briggs cabin going to be open to make the complete loop?
            It should be since it is CA4WD event. We have full access that weekend.

Comment

There will also be an Isham canyon NIGHT run Friday night. ..open to the first 20 rigs.
              I'm sure we won't see that many...
              It's a great trail in the daylight so I'm sure it'll be even better at night.
              WOKNROX!
              Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Originally posted by WOKNROX View Post
                There will also be an Isham canyon NIGHT run Friday night. ..open to the first 20 rigs.
                I'm sure we won't see that many...
                It's a great trail in the daylight so I'm sure it'll be even better at night.
                Wow,
                I am sure a few guys from my camp will go. I have run Isham 8 times, and 6 of those runs went great. The other two were more of an adventure. It is a great trail, but last year was pretty tough.Last year, I was the trail guide with my friend Art, and I broke my rear drive shaft on the first big rocky hill climb. The rest of the group made it okay though.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                  Wow,
                  I am sure a few guys from my camp will go. I have run Isham 8 times, and 6 of those runs went great. The other two were more of an adventure. It is a great trail, but last year was pretty tough.Last year, I was the trail guide with my friend Art, and I broke my rear drive shaft on the first big rocky hill climb. The rest of the group made it okay though.
                  Yeah I ran it last year also..we/Victor Valley 4 Wheelers lead it Friday I believe and had a blast...we had a flop and quit a bit of carnage
                  Good times! The rains last year made it a great time.
                  Looking forward to again this year
                  Last edited by WOKNROX; 10-28-14, 03:00 PM.
                  WOKNROX!
                  Let's go wheelin!

Comment

im signed up and will be there late friday nite.my dad may be there thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by scottymoto View Post
                      im signed up and will be there late friday nite.my dad may be there thursday.
                      You should run Isham Saturday. It is a great trail even though it is challenging.

Comment

Hi Kevin,
                        I will be there Thursday, Red Ram w/Camper towing a Yellow Rubicon. Will do your Cummings Gap run Friday.
                        I assume that someone there has a clay thrower. I can pick up a case or two of targets. Now if only I can remember where I stashed my scatter gun.

See you there
                        Mike
                        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                          Hi Kevin,
                          I will be there Thursday, Red Ram w/Camper towing a Yellow Rubicon. Will do your Cummings Gap run Friday.
                          I assume that someone there has a clay thrower. I can pick up a case or two of targets. Now if only I can remember where I stashed my scatter gun.

See you there
                          Mike
                          Cool, we camp close to the main camp. I have the yellow Lj. Gulfstream class c RV, and we also have a few Jk's and two Tj's . We bring the clay thrower. I think cummins is a fun trail to run for sure. I am just not up for Isham this year. I am looking forward to trying something more scenic on Saturday and Sunday. Also, make sure you bring headlamps for the mine shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                            It should be since it is CA4WD event. We have full access that weekend.
                            There's been a bunch of debate over the closure of the bridge. Certainly, Cal4 is treating it as its still closed as there is no full loop run. Some folks who were up there a couple weeks ago said the closure/warning sign was gone. It doesn't sound like the BLM or anyone did any work on the bridge to beef it up - the original rating was only 3 tons and that was rated awhile ago, so who knows whether it'll hold that now. I wouldn't take a super loaded rig over it...

Comment

Originally posted by WOKNROX View Post
                              Yeah I ran it last year also..we/Victor Valley 4 Wheelers lead it Friday I believe and had a blast...we had a flop and quit a bit of carnage
                              Good times! The rains last year made it a great time.
                              Looking forward to again this year
                              Ah, I was wondering who led it last year. I talked to some of the folks as they rolled back into camp close to dark and asked them how it went, considering Isham used to be roughly a 1/2 day run :-) -- not any more with the washouts from last year. I got some folks from the Gear Grinders to scout it for me last weekend and they only made it up the first few obstacles before having a major breakdown (axle/u-joints/ball joints) that had them running someone back to Ridgecrest for parts and by the time it was fixed, they turned around and when back down rather than continue up. A couple folks did walk up to the v-notch and reported at least that the waterfall just before the notch was a bit more filled in compared with last year, but otherwise all the pics I saw looked pretty much the same as last year.

Art

Comment

Working...
                              X