Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: last minute run El Paso Mtns and Last Chance Cyn

Ok, Oct 23-24-25-26
    Meet at Goler gulch, at the airstrip off Charlie Road. ( also about 4 miles west of the 395, at the 2nd entrance to Goler Heights), several jeeps, and even a couple buggies will be camping, and running the canyons, and the sights.
    I for one am going, and will be with a couple buddies exploring the Opal Mines, the Bonanza gulch, the talc mines, and going down the waterfall into Cudahy!!
    I will be going up to Holland camp first, and coming back down on Saturday to run the Last Chance run.

Had a blast up there!!
    Went to the Holland Camp site, and found lots of trails now marked closed, as they have sometimes marked one end closed, and the other end open???
    We stayed at the old transfer station ruins, and even had a visit from folks from the Wrangler forum on Saturday. We found two unmarked graves at the site, and i took a couple of pics of them. Lots of mines, ( and lots of very dangerous vertical shafts!!), wonderful weather, and really good company.....Now....on with some pics.....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Slick,

Good seeing ya and thanks again for letting us crash your camp. That last pic, where is that? Over by Red Mountain?

Comment

Randsburg, across from the old cemetery.

It is now posted as no trespassing, but used to be open to go look.
            Now I hear they are reworking the mine.

Comment

Nice report.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
              X